kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

His American Made airplane stunt is his most badass to date. Schedule is not in danger. They already wrapped up more than a half, 2 months shooting left to do, can be easily done even if they don't start filming until January. If anything this news is great publicity and gives higher appreciation for Cruise. Maybe Paramount can market the hell out of the stunt come promo time.

People die driving taxis every week

Taxi driver: Fatality rate per 100,000 workers: 19.7

In the US:

The 10 Deadliest Jobs:

1. Logging workers

2. Fishers and related fishing workers

3. Aircraft pilot and flight engineers

4. Roofers

5. Structural iron and steel workers

6. Refuse and recyclable material collectors

7. Electrical power-line installers and repairers

8. Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers

9. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers

10. Construction laborers

Around 13/15 people die on the jobs every day in the US:

A total of 4,836 fatal work injuries were recorded in the United States in 2015, a slight increase from the 4,821 fatal injuries reported in 2014

When we see something non essential made of wood (say a paper magazine, news papers, fancy chair, etc...), we do not have a wish people would stop dying logging for those. Those movies are probably not just stupid action movies for those risking their life making them.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Maybe Paramount can market the hell out of the stunt come promo time.

They did market a hell out of is stunts in their promo of the last 2 MI movie (the tower / airplane stunts were 2 cornerstone of those movie release), the fact that he injured himself doing them this time would maybe make it harder to market them as much in good taste or at least I'm not sure how much more they could use them than previously.

Edited by Barnack

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

They did market a hell out of is stunts in their promo of the last 2 MI movie (the tower / airplane stunts were 2 cornerstone of those movie release), the fact that he injured himself doing them this time would maybe make it harder to market them as much in good taste or at least I'm not sure how much more they could use them than previously.

This wasn't the "big" stunt of the movie though. 

45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

People die driving taxis every week

Taxi driver: Fatality rate per 100,000 workers: 19.7

In the US:

The 10 Deadliest Jobs:

1. Logging workers

2. Fishers and related fishing workers

3. Aircraft pilot and flight engineers

4. Roofers

5. Structural iron and steel workers

6. Refuse and recyclable material collectors

7. Electrical power-line installers and repairers

8. Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers

9. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers

10. Construction laborers

Around 13 people die on the jobs every day in the US:

A total of 4,836 fatal work injuries were recorded in the United States in 2015, a slight increase from the 4,821 fatal injuries reported in 2014

When we see something non essential made of wood (say a paper magazine, news papers, fancy chair, etc...), we do not have a wish people would stop dying logging for those. Those movies are probably not just stupid action movies for those risking their life making them.

Well, there's a little difference between risking your life because you do a job that basically is a cog of industrial society providing primary needs, goods and services for the collective vs risking your life in a disposable job to entertain masses after work...The latter is unnecessary when everything is fake and make believe.

(Between this and Deadpool 2, I can't believe people are justifying the harm and death of entertainers like "shit happens (shrug)" with no liability and no accountability just because "Hey, that's the name of the moviemaking game, nOOb, nobody's responsible!":sick: When has making movies become a kamikaze job? (Yeah I know right, since Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd. That doesn't make any less right when you have state of the art VFX, full body protections and wires to ensure safety first)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

This wasn't the "big" stunt of the movie though. 

Sure they could still market an other stunt that went well, but I doubt being injured would help selling that one more than the previous 2 entry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Well, there's a little difference between risking your life because you do a job that basically is a cog of industrial society providing primary needs, goods and services for the collective vs risking your life in a disposable job to entertain masses after work...The latter is unnecessary when everything is fake and make believe.

(Between this and Deadpool 2, I can't believe people are justifying the harm and death of entertainers like "shit happens (shrug)" with no liability and no accountability just because "Hey, that's the name of the moviemaking game, nOOb, nobody's responsible!":sick: When has making movies become a kamikaze job?)

I am all for adding days of production to movies (specially on a sequel of a 700 million movie, come-on studios....) to make them safer and if they over rushed that one they have a part of responsibility.

But I pointed in my example more in particular people dying doing stuff 100% disposable like the dangerous unnecessary 3 am taxi driving after the bars close, lot of completely unnecessary flight, sale worker, etc... Sometime one unnecessary death is more talked just because it has more starpower.

It was more, the fact that the movie is an stupid action movie is not much an important part of the equation, all movies are 100% disposable/unessential jobs, the person that die on the set of Scorsese Silence for example, does that make it much better (not talking about unexpected amount of calculated risk here, but the actual movie being made) ?

Edited by Barnack

On 8/20/2016 at 1:12 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Well, second biggest. Transformers is still a thing :lol: What if the reason is because Paramount doesn't have the money? :jeb!: 

Turns out, Transformers is no longer a thing.

Yes I was reading the whole thread. Yes, half of it is Ethan bitching about Rogue Nation being the worst and then 10 others saying it's the best.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Turns out, Transformers is no longer a thing.

Yes I was reading the whole thread. Yes, half of it is Ethan bitching about Rogue Nation being the worst and then 10 others saying it's the best.

This is now their second biggest franchise (DOMESTICALLY BUT PROBABLY WW SOON ENOUGH):

zdwl6kwk9sv9zduuexle.gif

• Like 1