kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

1 hour ago, That Floating Guy said:

Yeah no, this isn't increasing from Rogue Nation.

Also have that feeling that Ghost protocol will be that franchise peak unadjusted (except for an exchange rate shift or a China burst obviously).

Domestically Except for MI-3, the franchise went down every entry since the first one:

Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Adjusted Gross Unadjusted Gross Release
1 Mission: Impossible Par. $364,011,000 $180,981,856 5/22/96
2 Mission: Impossible II Par. $355,286,400 $215,409,889 5/24/00
3 Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Par. $236,365,200 $209,397,903 12/16/11
4 Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Par. $210,034,300 $195,042,377 7/31/15
5 Mission: Impossible III Par. $181,912,200 $134,029,801 5/5/06

Yearly domestic ranking:

MI-1: 3

MI-2: 3

MI-3: 14

MI-4: 7

MI-5: 11

I would expect the small decline to continue (it has a really robust history of sustained success, it should not drop pirate/transformer style).

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, cookie said:

I never liked MI2 that much. It's kinda unwatchable now.

I watched the first one for the first time not long ago (so much of it was parodied over the year that it is not a fair way to judge a movie really) but I feel like it would have failed today and like Harry Potter for the shift toward unsaturated color palette and color-grading in the 2000's, the Mission Impossible franchise is a good one to track how much humor was added and getting away from dry adult drama blockbuster shifted over the last 20 years.

Edited by Barnack

4 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

I remember a complaint about the first movie being that the plot was hard to follow. Now we've seen that same plotline repeated in movies since, and not just in the spy genre.

yes, even some critics complained the first movie was too hard to follow. That's why they hired John Woo and put more action scenes in MI2 

The first film's plot isn't that complicated once you see it more then twice though. It's really more "subdued and character plotted" compared to many of the later films, which tend to focus on the spectacle & spy stuff (not that I mind that, Rogue Nation was great), above anything else.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

I remember a complaint about the first movie being that the plot was hard to follow. Now we've seen that same plotline repeated in movies since, and not just in the spy genre.

It's the closest to the TV shows in plotting, though weekly episodes of the TV show were far my byzantine.

Still, fuck MI #1 for that Jim Phelps character assassination.

On 8/13/2017 at 11:11 PM, John Marston said:

yes, even some critics complained the first movie was too hard to follow. That's why they hired John Woo and put more action scenes in MI2 

Put in more action scenes and lack of logic. Like how does Ethan Hunt manage to make a mask and voice modulator of that henchman so quickly among other things? :lol:

Interestingly, M:I-III follows the same plot of the first one, albeit only in the second half of the movie.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

don't know if this is true or not but

Tom Cruise could be out of action for months after reportedly breaking two bones while filming the new Mission: Impossible movie.

A film insider said: "The injury is worse than was at first feared. Tom did serious damage and will need months to recover.

"He is the film's biggest star and everything revolves around him. The movie's bosses had no choice other than to postpone the filming."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tom-cruise-breaks-two-bones-10988642

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

Thankfully he is alive and will get to recover. Now that this happened, maybe Cavill can go for the JL set mustache free and do whatever he needs to do for the additional shooting. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

081.gif

Chris McQuarrie has been quiet on IG since.

And Paramount hasn't issued any statement.

I expect right about now Mr. Cruise is indeed on a plane somewhere to the best doctor in the world.

...And Paramount is struggling to decide what to say and not to say...and if they can finish the film for its release date. 

Edited by Macleod