kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

I'm all for making the stunt jobs easier and what not but I bet you if you asked a stunt person would they rather do the stunts themselves or have the studios CGI them 9 out of 10 times the stunt person will say they want to do the stunt. If you make it all CGI, you're taking away a job from someone who literally enjoys doing stunts for a living.    

I think more safety cautions need to be implemented, I think stunt actors should get paid more than I know they are, I think they should get benefits and I think they deserve recognition amongst the industry. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm all for making the stunt jobs easier and what not but I bet you if you asked a stunt person would they rather do the stunts themselves or have the studios CGI them 9 out of 10 times the stunt person will say they want to do the stunt. If you make it all CGI, you're taking away a job from someone who literally enjoys doing stunts for a living.    

I think more safety cautions need to be implemented, I think stunt actors should get paid more than I know they are, I think they should get benefits and I think they deserve recognition amongst the industry. 

You mean those "real stunts" like the following ones at 1.00 featuring...Wait for it...A FULL CG MOTORCYCLE BIKER WITH AN HELMET ON (the tragic irony...)?

Nobody said "ALL CGI OR NO CGI". It's actually more like stunts using CGI to minimalize fatalities and increase safety first. I don't care about the "purity" of the stunt, I'm not into snuff movies watching people getting hurt for real. smh.

And it's even more ironic when you watch this reel revealing how much they relied on full CG stunt doubles then act like that poor gal riding that bike unprotected was really necessary. (on a tighter budget so no excuse that it cost too much touching it in post. If they can generate full renders like those, they can seamlessly remove safety harnesses and helmets too for a head swap. A lot of movies have that kind of process, nobody dies and audiences are still amazed).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 6

MI6 filming officially began on April 8, 2017 according to wiki.

So it's been nearly 5 months of filming, and blockbusters typically take 6 months to finish filming.

So they have 83% done? Thank god this accident didn't happen at the very start of filming.They certainly can keep the release date. When Tom comes back, just have the camera on his head and chest area. Finish all the filming with the other actors right now, all the stunts, and everything else that doesn't involve Tom.

The Cruise missile will return, this time with stunt doubles that will actually have to show up for work this time!

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Cruise getting injured isn't good but I wonder if Paramount will let Cavill shave his facial hair, he could shave, do JL reshoots and grow it back in time for Mission Impossible restarting production

:sadben:

2 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

You mean those "real stunts" like the following ones at 1.00 featuring...Wait for it...A FULL CG MOTORCYCLE BIKER WITH AN HELMET ON (the tragic irony...)?

Nobody said "ALL CGI OR NO CGI". It's actually more like stunts using CGI to minimalize fatalities and increase safety first. I don't care about the "purity" of the stunt, I'm not into snuff movies watching people getting hurt for real. smh.

And it's even more ironic when you watch this reel revealing how much they relied on full CG stunt doubles then act like that poor gal riding that bike unprotected was really necessary. (on a tighter budget so no excuse that it cost too much touching it in post. If they can generate full renders like those, they can seamlessly remove safety harnesses and helmets too for a head swap. A lot of movies have that kind of process, nobody dies and audiences are still amazed).

And I literally in my post said that more safety precautions need to be taken place. Whatever those safety precautions are, they need to be implemented. 

No where did I say "All stunts or nothing." But this whole discussion is about whether more CGI needs to be used. I think some cases, yes they should be. But I go back to what I said before. 9 times out of 10 the stunt person WANTS to do that stunt. That's why they chose to be a stunt actor. Why do you think Tom Cruise likes to hang off of a side of an airplane? Because he WANTS to. No one is forcing him to do it and no one would force a stunt person to do it either. 

This is the same argument that goes on in regards to the NFL/football in general and how dangerous of a sport it is. Should there be more safety precautions? Absolutely. And they're working on that. But no one is forcing anyone to go out and play which is why you see professionals walking away from the game more now than ever before.

In regards to the incident you mentioned. You nor I have any clue what happened. She performed that stunt four different times, practiced it on numerous occasions and for a reason we do not know yet, the fifth time resulted in a tragic accident. Similar to the walking dead stuntman who lost his life performing a stunt he's done probably thousands of times. 

Believe it or not...accidents happen. And no matter what you do, you can't avoid them. Sometimes you can't avoid that hit in football that leaves you paralyzed. You could play 999 games and in the 1,000 game, you get hit and that's it. You could perform the same stunt 1,000 times and then on the 1,001 time, you lose your footing and then fall several stories. 

I dont think anyone here is arguing that stunt actors should be doing a bunch of bat shit and crazy stunts. But what we are saying is that these people chose this profession for a reason, they know what they're getting into and for them it's worth that risk...which is why they do what they do. It's not for US to decide whether they should do these stunts or not. That's on them to decide amongst themselves.

If it's too much for them then they have the option to walk away or to decide amongst each other that they want things changed within their profession. 

And if they are choosing to do these stunts then like I mentioned before they deserve better pay, better benefits, better recognition etc But I always go back to my main point......these people do these stunts because they want to...they clearly get something out of it which is why they keep on doing it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nova said:

And I literally in my post said that more safety precautions need to be taken place. Whatever those safety precautions are, they need to be implemented. 

No where did I say "All stunts or nothing." But this whole discussion is about whether more CGI needs to be used. I think some cases, yes they should be. But I go back to what I said before. 9 times out of 10 the stunt person WANTS to do that stunt. That's why they chose to be a stunt actor. Why do you think Tom Cruise likes to hang off of a side of an airplane? Because he WANTS to. No one is forcing him to do it and no one would force a stunt person to do it either. 

This is the same argument that goes on in regards to the NFL/football in general and how dangerous of a sport it is. Should there be more safety precautions? Absolutely. And they're working on that. But no one is forcing anyone to go out and play which is why you see professionals walking away from the game more now than ever before.

In regards to the incident you mentioned. You nor I have any clue what happened. She performed that stunt four different times, practiced it on numerous occasions and for a reason we do not know yet, the fifth time resulted in a tragic accident. Similar to the walking dead stuntman who lost his life performing a stunt he's done probably thousands of times. 

Believe it or not...accidents happen. And no matter what you do, you can't avoid them. Sometimes you can't avoid that hit in football that leaves you paralyzed. You could play 999 games and in the 1,000 game, you get hit and that's it. You could perform the same stunt 1,000 times and then on the 1,001 time, you lose your footing and then fall several stories. 

I dont think anyone here is arguing that stunt actors should be doing a bunch of bat shit and crazy stunts. But what we are saying is that these people chose this profession for a reason, they know what they're getting into and for them it's worth that risk...which is why they do what they do. It's not for US to decide whether they should do these stunts or not. That's on them to decide amongst themselves.

If it's too much for them then they have the option to walk away or to decide amongst each other that they want things changed within their profession. 

And if they are choosing to do these stunts then like I mentioned before they deserve better pay, better benefits, better recognition etc But I always go back to my main point......these people do these stunts because they want to...they clearly get something out of it which is why they keep on doing it. 

NFL football players wear armor pads and helmets. That bike rider had no helmet on riding a Ducati while stunt driving aka the safety basics of motorcycle riding. How you can profess that all safety measures were ensured when you have an aggravating risk right there. That just increased the accident and fatality risks ten fold for no reason whatsoever but spare money for the production (Production claim they didn't have time to fit an helmet for her even though she was replacing a stunt driver that had an helmet hidden under a wig for the same gig...:rolleyes: so keep up with the shoddy excuses but they had no problem CGI-fying the hell out of the stunts in the previous entry as the reel above showcased). She was a rookie, that was her first movie as a stunt so she didn't want to rock the boat (something more or less internalized in the industry it seems within the stunt driving profession) and express too much concerns for optimal safety or else she would get the boot but now she's dead.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

That just increased the accident and fatality risks ten fold for no reason whatsoever but spare money for the production (Production claim they didn't have time to fit an helmet for her even though she was replacing a stunt driver that had an helmet hidden under a wig for the same gig..

That would fit what I suspected (after hearing an interview of a stunt men commenting on the subject after the incident), he said that the new wave of incident is probably linked to production having less and less days while still trying to do as much if not more than the previous generation of movies stunt/action wise.