kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

Hating this defamation of the franchise. Return of director (!!!), return of love interest (MI4 was very smart with this), repeating the image of boss with Alec Baldwin, 3D... argh argh

Edited by Durden

10 minutes ago, Durden said:

Hating this defamation of the franchise. Return of director (!!!), return of love interest (MI4 was very smart with this), repeating the image of boss with Alec Baldwin, 3D... argh argh

Lets be honest...while the unique stylings of different directors is a great idea...

That tack delivers in grosses the second movie but that movie fucking sucks.  So...whatever.  It's not like David Fincher was going to do this movie.

And really Rogue Nation wasn't some massive stylistic departure from Ghost Protocol.  Granted...it was the better movie.  IMO. 

Edited by kowhite

50 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Sorry guys looks like I'm out on this one. Continuity means NOTHING these days

Legit bummed he's not back, I needed more stretching scenes of him in this series.

I will forgive if they can find a way to bring back Dougray Scott

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Legit bummed he's not back, I needed more stretching scenes of him in this series.

I will forgive if they can find a way to bring back Dougray Scott

Dougray?  That's your high point with this franchise?

smh

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

MI2 gave us Jackman Wolverine and the best villain of this franchise.

win/win

Thats...almost logical?   

Edit: Only the Jackman part.  Feel free to unlike this post.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

They should keep McQuarrie at the writing duty and tap into the new blood of stylish action movie directing like the John Wick directors, whatever is up with Gareth Evans or Justin Lin.

My ultimate dream would be Michael Mann helming one of those. We're due for a Cruise/Mann reunion.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

They should keep McQuarrie at the writing duty and tap into the new blood of stylish action movie directing like the John Wick directors, whatever is up with Gareth Evans or Justin Lin.

My ultimate dream would be Michael Mann helming one of those. We're due for a Cruise/Mann reunion.

Mann doing a Mission movie is like asking Scorsese to do a superhero movie.

8 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Mann doing a Mission movie is like asking Scorsese to do a superhero movie.

Mann's most beloved movies are set in the crime drama genre and Black Hat was kind of a spy movie so I don't know how this is such a stretch of the imagination. I mean De Palma directed a Mission Impossible. I put De Palma up there alongside Scorsese and Mann. If Mann can make a cinematic adaptation of Miami Vice, he can make a Mission Impossible movie.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

Mann's most beloved movies are set in the crime drama genre and Black Hat was kind of a spy movie so I don't know how this is such a stretch of the imagination. I mean De Palma directed a Mission Impossible. I put De Palma up there alongside Scorsese and Mann. If Mann can make a cinematic adaptation of Miami Vice, he can make a Mission Impossible movie.

Mann is one of the few filmmakers in Hollywood who needs to get offered projects, no doubt about that. But Mann only works on story that can provide him with a basis for his moody characters and atmospheres. Mission movies are about plot, not contemplative dramas. Mission is all procedurial. I could be wrong of course.

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

How about this guy?

fawefwaefts_large.jpg