kayumanggi

SNATCHED | May 12 2017 | Fox | trailer on page 1

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

Yeah, the interbro (4chan, Reddit, trolls, etc) crowd hates schumer with a passion.  Not saying the movie is going to be loved by audiences, but the people giving it thre bad audience scores are not the target audience at all.

My question is...is it politics?

I think her style turns a lot people off.

I don't see Tina fey or Sarah Silverman get attacked this much at all?

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Yeh the audience reviews are out of the window for this film due to campaigns by the trolls. 

Other websites should follow Netflix and remove star ratings from users: they're too warped now. 

Proof of watching should be required.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh the audience reviews are out of the window for this film due to campaigns by the trolls. 

Other websites should follow Netflix and remove star ratings from users: they're too warped now. 

I wouldn't go that far. 95% of the time people are pretty good about it. Sure you get stuff like this and fanboys get militant about CBM's and other franchise stuff, but I don't think that means we should tear everything else down.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

My question is...is it politics?

I think her style turns a lot people off.

I don't see Tina fey or Sarah Silverman get attacked this much at all?

It's that she's very confident in her appearance, and the internet lurkers don't like that.  It's as simple as that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Really?  Hate her?  I'd gather there are those women  who don't care for her or are indifferent to her (I am).  But I've yet to see a horde of women frothing at the mouth about her and grossly insulting her in comment sections or on social media.  Nor do I think they're the one's in large attacking RT and IMDB scores of her movies and shows.

Check out Youtube....

19 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeah because censoring everything that you don't agree with is easier then just ignoring the opinions of a few people in the grand scheme of things. People are pissed at Netflix for doing that too when a lot of the complaints towards her show were legit criticisms. It would be be horrible if other sites followed suite.

And how would "proof of watching" be verified? You want more surveillance? Yeah again, no. 

Most people just ignore what they don't agree with and watch what they want to make up their own minds.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

It's that she's very confident in her appearance, and the internet lurkers don't like that.  It's as simple as that.

I don't buy the logic that it's ONLY basement dwelling internet lurkers who are not fans of her. Maybe in 2014 and 2015, but now?

That is like the same people who say rotten tomatoes is only known by people on the internet when we know that is not true. 

I think people forget its 2017, what is on the internet is likely a part of the mainstream usually these days.  

Yes there is the internet bro crowd after her from the start, but its gone way wider then that now. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I don't buy the logic that it's ONLY basement dwelling internet lurkers who are not fans of her. Maybe in 2014 and 2015, but now?

That is like the same people who say rotten tomatoes is only known by people on the internet when we know that is not true. 

I think people forget its 2017, what is on the internet is likely a part of the mainstream usually these days.  

Yes there is the internet bro crowd after her from the start, but its gone way wider then that now. 

Im not saying there aren't others who aren't fans.  What I'm saying is she has a vitriolic "hater base" that's devoted to trashing her stuff. 

Look at Ghostbusters, this, etc.

It's not just Schumer, it's a lot of others that also display the Schumer brand of feminism.

There's a large enough population of Internet dwellers, who are fairly uniform, that they'll scew a lot of online metric if they decide to go after something or want to get something trending.

Im not saying that Snatched is going to be a gangbuster hit.  In fact, I'm thinking 85-90m is looking like the cap now.  And I'm also not saying it's going to be well-received, because it does appear to be legitimately bad.  But I think the audience scores and such aren't going to accurately reflect the actual WoM.

• Like 3

If you’re my friend and you know me, you know that I love Amy Schumer. A lot of my friends really hate her, but I think she’s one of the coolest women working in the entertainment business today. 

And that love is now officially reciprocal shown here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfFwRKXqYe4

(24:50) - (26:00)

I’m not going to lie, but a lot of the majority of the jokes don’t work and the most of it is due to my #1 trite I have with comedies: ad-libbing. Due to the amount of ad-libbing, there’s a lot of tumbleweed moments in the movie and the very one-note story doesn't help either.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//snatched-review

Just got out and overall I thought it was an average comedy. Some jokes hit and others missed. It's nowhere near as bad as the RT audience score or IMDB score would lead you to believe and goes to show that it's just Schumer hate. Trainwreck is still the way better movie but if my audience was any indication I don't see how this can have such low ratings unless it's from people hating without even seeing the movie. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

Just got out and overall I thought it was an average comedy. Some jokes hit and others missed. It's nowhere near as bad as the RT audience score or IMDB score would lead you to believe and goes to show that it's just Schumer hate. Trainwreck is still the way better movie but if my audience was any indication I don't see how this can have such low ratings unless it's from people hating without even seeing the movie. 

That's pretty much it.

• Like 2

In regards to the Schumer hate, I think her feminist banter probably pissed off a lot of people.  It seems she does it with superiority and just attacks with vulgarity.  I think it is funny though.  It sort of reminds me of Sheldon Cooper in the Big Bang Theory and how he insults anything that does not consider a career in physics first and foremost (or think like he does).

1 minute ago, Matrix4You said:

In regards to the Schumer hate, I think her feminist banter probably pissed off a lot of people.  It seems she does it with superiority and just attacks with vulgarity.  I think it is funny though.  It sort of reminds me of Sheldon Cooper in the Big Bang Theory and how he insults anything that does not consider a career in physics first and foremost (or think like he does).

The thing is though I can disagree with someone (and there are things I disagree with Schumer about) and not go and take it out on their work. Its so childish to vote low on someone's work not for what you think of the quality but because you disagree with their views.

7 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

The thing is though I can disagree with someone (and there are things I disagree with Schumer about) and not go and take it out on their work. Its so childish to vote low on someone's work not for what you think of the quality but because you disagree with their views.

or like this from the 2015 Razzie Awards, LOL

WORST SCREEN COMBO
Any Two Robots, Actors (Robotic Actors), “Transformers: Age of Extinction”
Kirk Cameron & His Ego, “Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas”
Cameron Diaz & Jason Segel, “Sex Tape”
Kellan Lutz & Either His Abs, His Pecs or His Glutes, “The Legend of Hercules”
Seth MacFarlane & Charlize Theron, “A Million Ways to Die in the West”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is there any doubt the same thing is gonna occur with Ocean's Eight next year? Misogynists gonna be misogynists.

Doubt it. Ocean's is nowhere near as a nerd centric franchise as Ghostbusters.

Also no McCarthy