kayumanggi

SNATCHED | May 12 2017 | Fox | trailer on page 1

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

If she was referring to me, yeah...I definitely wasn't confused. She can look on RTs review article to see those comments outside of Youtube. Here's a few screenshots. Must be lots and lots of rednecks and alt right trolls I guess (why categorize everyone into one group - that's just rude).

18gns6.jpg

1109eom.jpg

I'm not sure posting two screenshots of comments that are maybe 90-95% men supports your argument at all. 

• Like 2

I paid zero attention this movie.   Just saw it tonight because two friends asked me to go see it with them.  I expected it to be something only the girls would get into.

I laughed all the way through it.  Didn't see that coming.   Wow...loved it.    9/10

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

She had a lot of male critics like Trainwreck. A lot of female critics hated Snatched as well.

In terms of professional critics, I don't know if gender is relevant to reception of her movies.

I think the highest grade Snatched got was from a male critic. A 4/4 review where the subtitle read "Loved it" like nine times.

I was being general but yes there are secure male critics that will give an honest review. I'm sure there are women who don't like her. I'm talking majority.  I'm not considering Trainwreck since she has become more controversial since that film. Critics are just like everyone else. I just don't think some of today's film critics bother to overcome their opinions about movies/actors.

Edited by Harley
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2017 at 2:44 PM, DeeCee said:

Opening day was roughly a third of Alien Covenant in Australia. 

Snatched beat it on Sunday and eventually opened only $1m less for the whole weekend. Impressive Mother's Day jump there. 

• Like 1

actuals look like $19.5 for the OW, so I wasn't too far off with the $20 mil prediction :)  It will probably fall off a cliff this weekend, but that's a different story :P 

On 5/14/2017 at 7:02 AM, Lordmandeep said:

but aren't most movie reviewers men though?

So if they were reviewing any female driven movie, their opinion is now invalid? 

Invalid ?, not sure Internet hyperbole are needed.

It is similar to those horror movie fan that say that reviews of them are not has useful has other genre that critic prefers (or anime fans, superheroes movie fans, etc... that sometime say the same thing) etc...

73% of Rotten tomatoes reviewers were men in 2015 and:

They accounted for 80% of reviewers writing at entertainment trade publications (Variety‘s two full-time movie critics are men), 76% of critics writing for general interest publications, 74% of individuals writing for movie and entertainment magazines and websites and 71% of those writing for the biggest U.S. newspapers.

Stats show that female critics tend to write more about movie with female protagonist, other way around for men critics so it does show expected and natural interest bias that could have some factor when they review popular movies, even if they had no interest in seeing them but just because they review almost everything with a wide release.

With all that said, if there is any interest bias in play it is a small one (but could be in part because male critics do not reviews those movies as much overall), male reviews female directed movie 3% lower than male directed movie, same has woman critics:

In addition, neither male nor female critics award substantially higher ratings to films directed and/or written by those of their same sex. Female critics award the highest average scores to films directed and written exclusively by males (67%), followed closely by films directed by a woman and/or employing at least one woman writer (64%).

Male critics assign higher average ratings to films with exclusively male directors and/or writers (63%), followed closely by films
directed by a woman and/or employing at least one woman writer (60%).

http://awfj.org/blog/2013/05/24/gender-the-movies-on-line-film-critics-and-criticism-by-martha-m-lauzen-phd/

No number for the protagonist gender thought.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Problem with Schumer is inconsistency . In one film she is drop dead funny, then in the next she can't get a laugh out of a laughing hyena. She needs to be more choosy about her scripts,and make fewer but better movies.

Problem with Snachted is that it seems to be (I have not seen it) just not very funny.

Edited by dudalb

Just now, dudalb said:

Problem with Schumer is inconsistency . In one film she is drop dead funny, then in the next she can't get a laugh out of a laughing hyena. She needs to be more choosy about her scripts,and make fewer but better movies.

What fewer movies? This is the only movie she's made since Trainwreck.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 11:13 PM, Tele Came Back said:

I'm not sure posting two screenshots of comments that are maybe 90-95% men supports your argument at all. 

Original comment:
"Dude seriously check Facebook articles on this movie like RT, etc. I've never seen what you said been brought up once regarding criticism for her. Most people don't like her because she steals jokes and has been caught doing it and never apologized. She plays the victim when she has a shady past herself."

Yes Youtube has a lot of trolls but a lot of people just post regular reactions there. It's not enough to dismiss the whole platform as illegitimate over a few."

I never stated that men weren't the majority saying these things on social media (the most negative female responses towards her are generally from Youtube). Those screen shots were a direct response to the comments below. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Thats false.

I just looked and they are full of "fat liberal pig" "leave America" "fat troll" etc." 

and

"You're lying. No one is sayig she steals jokes, these rednecks just hate her cause she (rightfully so) hates Trump. 

You're confused. 

Original poster told us to look at social media comments just now, can't see anyone saying that at the moment. 

"Stealing jokes" is not why the alt right trolls are targeting her."

Edited by somebody85