kayumanggi

SNATCHED | May 12 2017 | Fox | trailer on page 1

On 5/7/2017 at 10:21 AM, baumer said:

If reviews for this destroy it, it's not going to do well.

Especially after the reviews of her Netflix special. And no those were not all from alt right trolls. I tried to watch it last night after hearing how bad it was and couldn't even make it 7 minutes before turning it off. It deserved those one star ratings.

And just knowing that this movie is called Snatched is enough to keep me far away after Amy said her crotch smells like a small barnyard animal. Yeah that "joke" was supposed to be funny. She's like the female Adam Sandler with far less hits. 

I didn't laugh once because it was just gross and there were no punchlines. The parodies of people trying to get through it and failing desperately as they realize they are being subjected to the same topic over and over again are far funnier. I dunno what happened to her because I liked Trainwreck.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

I'm one of those people who loved Trainwreck but have since cooled on Schumer.  I don't have any interest in this film.  I wonder if my attitude will mirror others?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Not a good start

yeah but not all that surprising, but it's still early so it could make a big jump upwards or the other option :P 

• Like 2

I thought the Schumer hating was because of all the ther comedians she's plagiarized.

Though I'm sure comedians borrowing from either other happens a lot. 

Like her and a lot of other modern comedians she just isn't that funny imo.

That guy with the Russia story I keep seeing shared on Facebook is the only comedian I've laughed at in... a while.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Budget: $42m as per Deadline

Tracking mid teens :( 

Although it's 3.3% on MovieTickets just now at #4. 3,488 locations expected. 

I wouldn't worry. I think with Mother's Day it'll get to $20M+...from there it's all about the legs but damn that budget is going to make it harder for it to be successful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I wouldn't worry. I think with Mother's Day it'll get to $20M+...from there it's all about the legs but damn that budget is going to make it harder for it to be successful. 

Comedies tend to do well on home video/rental/TV so I'm sure with ~$80-100m worldwide it'll be fine. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 9:41 PM, baumer said:

I'm one of those people who loved Trainwreck but have since cooled on Schumer.  I don't have any interest in this film.  I wonder if my attitude will mirror others?

Yeah, I thought Trainwreck was great, but have no interest in this at all. This just looks really unfunny. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Starting with a 2.0 on IMDB. The Schumer hate is already taking effect. 

God IMDB need to find a way to stop that. 

None of them have seen it. 

It happened with Ghostbusters. Which still has a 5.4 because of fake 1star reviews. Remember when 1,000 1star ratings were posted by American users on the day it came out in the U.K. only. Losers! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

God IMDB need to find a way to stop that. 

None of them have seen it. 

It happened with Ghostbusters. Which still has a 5.4 because of fake 1star reviews. Remember when 1,000 1star ratings were posted by American users on the day it came out in the U.K. only. Losers! 

I figured there would be similarities with Ghostbusters since Snatched's trailer also received a huge number of thumbs down on You Tube when it premiered. Funny enough they have the same writer. 

• Like 1