kayumanggi

SNATCHED | May 12 2017 | Fox | trailer on page 1

6 hours ago, grim22 said:

I'm wondering what Schumer did to fall out of favor online so fast. She seemed to be loved online when Trainwreck came out.

I don't know. Maybe it was saying she would leave the US if Trump won? A lot of comments are along the lines of "is this the movie where she leaves the country and doesn't come back?"

6 hours ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

People probably got sick of her humor? I've never really cared for her

People getting sick of her humour wouldn't explain the YouTube comments and campaigns to Dislike her Netflix special (which is why Netflix removed star ratings).

It's because she hates Trump and was vocal about it.

It's the Ghostbusters haters, same crowd. 

They'll go for Rough Night next then Oceans 8. 

Edited by Krissykins

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

People getting sick of her humour wouldn't explain the YouTube comments and campaigns to Dislike her Netflix special (which is why Netflix removed star ratings).

That's sadly something that will happen, yep.

Rough Night's trailer page also has an almost equal dislike to like ratio with comments of "fuck feminists!" and "stand up for men's rights!" glittering the section. I think it's safe to say most YouTubers have never felt the touch of a human woman before. A nasty stereotype for sure, but hey, they're the ones reinforcing it.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

I mean the bigger you get the more likely your words and actions blow up. I looked into it and yea she's said and done quite a few questionable things that with today's society would have people being over her. The alt-right hate her but then again they hate everyone who isn't a white male. The issue isn't just them. The issue it seems that everyone from feminists to POC just don't seem to like her because of those questionable things she's done. Of course there are other celebs who have done far worse that the folks online give a pass to but I also think it's the repetitiveness of her actions and words that actually caught up with her. 

Mind you I dont necessarily feel any which way about her. This is just what I got from articles that were written about her. I was never following Amy like that. I liked trainwreck and I liked Inside Amy Schumer but I never really cared for her beyond that. If she puts something out that's good I'll watch it. 

Her Netflix show was actually downright awful so it's not just a bunch of white guys giving it low ratings....it's just not good. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Krissykins said:

You forgot when she was rude to fans who approached her in Greensville and then completely made up a story which bashed them. I have friends who live there who say she is a total bitch who's full of herself. That's when she really started to fall from grace in the publics eye. It had nothing to do with Trump then.

On 4/15/2017 at 1:07 PM, Krissykins said:

It's from the writer of The Heat and Ghostbusters.

I have faith.

Two of the most unfunny comedies in recent memory. Thanks for telling me. I have whatever the opposite of faith is now.

41 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah this is where I live, I remember this. I've never really cared for Schumer. 

While she gets a lot of flack for just being a woman, that video shows she's not exactly a total victim.

Snatched could go the way of Heat or the way of Hot Pursuit. Can't tell, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Yeah this is where I live, I remember this. I've never really cared for Schumer. 

While she gets a lot of flack for just being a woman, that video shows she's not exactly a total victim.

Snatched could go the way of Heat or the way of Hot Pursuit. Can't tell, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

Yeah I played there and have friends from the area. All said she was rude and that the area she was walking in is always peaceful and full of families.

She was the one who made this a story. She played the victim by stating that she wasn't going to take pictures with fans anymore because this "crazy guy got in her face". For people who don't remember, she went as far as to take a picture of the guy smiling on instagram and turned her fans against him. 

Well turns out the guy was with his family and posted video of the incident which told a way different story. When she asked him to stop taking video he listened to her request and wasn't even in her personal space. They were just standing together on a crosswalk.

So yeah, for those wondering when this backlash really started, it was around that time. I can't stand her now.

Edited by somebody85

Also not to go full SJW but liking Amy Schumer isn't a SJW stance at all, considering she kind of only empowers women that look and talk just like her. She's an upper class brunch feminist who thinks "Hahaha I have lots of sex" is the height of empowerment, when there's millions of women of color and poor women around the country who are like "Yea, I literally don't have access to reproductive services or education." She's the kind of person who goes to a Black Lives Matter meeting and hijacks it by telling a story about how much she loves dating black guys. 

I do think sexual empowerment for women is absolutely important and something we should talk about, and good for her for doing it. But it's the difference between signs I saw at the Women's March saying "I love my uterus" and "If I report abuse, I will actually be deported." IDK, if she's gonna be down with the movement she should be down with all of it, not just people like her friends.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 2

Funny, I was walking into Fate Of The Furious last night and saw a huge setup for this and immediately said "fuck Amy Schumer".

I used to have no issue with her and enjoyed Trainwreck. Thought it was one of the better comedies of the year. Now this...I liked The Heat but I doubt I'll see it because I really dislike her now.

Edited by somebody85