kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Have we gotten word if this is R or PG-13? The soft rebootish nature of the title indicates it could go a different route, especially with the very Super-reminiscent vibe of some of these suits 

Gunn implied on his instagram stories it's an R

Viola Davis was perfect as Amanda Waller in the first Suicide Squad. It's been a while since I've seen that movie for the last time (I think it was the day it was released on home video), and the movie was a hot mess but I don't remember one scene with her being bad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she elevated every scene she was in, so I hope to god James Gunn don't mess this character and turn her into an embarrassing joke like he did with Glenn Close.

WB just pushed Mortal Kombat forward to January 15 but kept its original March 5, 2021 release date locked still.

When they pushed Dune back to December 18, they kept its original November 20, 2020 reserved. Later on, specifically last month, they announced that date for Godzilla vs. Kong.

With how fast the production for this film is going, I wouldnt be surprised if it comes out in that March date.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Too close to Shang Chi.

Literally the same proximity as it currently has to the (very likely bigger) Spider-Man 3.   

On a completely unrelated note, were you the one who wanted SvtFoE on D+? I noticed a few days ago that all seasons are now available.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Literally the same proximity as it currently has to the (very likely bigger) Spider-Man 3.   

On a completely unrelated note, were you the one who wanted SvtFoE on D+? I noticed a few days ago that all seasons are now available.

I guess thats true.

And yep, I was the one who wanted SVtFoE on Disney+. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

The information I come into this topic to read. Time to start up my free trial finally!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not only does it have to compete with Spider-Man, it has Mission Impossible 7 as well. There’s nothing major in between Shang Chi and March 5, so it could be the major blockbuster of March if anything.

Also, it’s currently coming a little over a month after The Batman, which is coming out a YEAR after Wonder Woman 1984. I don’t think WB will have a 12+ month gap between DC films neither a one month close approximation.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 1

Gunn said on Instagram that they are two thirds of the way through filming this, he also said that gotg3 is still “well over a year away” from filming. So you guys may be right about this moving, I guess we’ll see once they start post on this. 

• Like 1