kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

On 2/11/2020 at 2:21 AM, TMP said:

James Gunn doesn't make movies for adults though, lmfao. Super was an incredibly clumsy movie that just felt overly nihilistic and edgy, the two Guardians films are family romps about the importance of finding your family. Joker and Logan were deadly serious and sold themselves as character dramas, while Deadpool was closer to an R rated comedy. What's this going to be to differentiate itself?

Hah. My favorite line from Deadpool 2:

Deadpool, after hearing Cable’s backstory:”Woo, dark and gritty. Are you sure you’re not a DC character?”

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, like Scooby Doo.

That wasn’t the only movie he worked on. I was referring to stuff like Dawn of the Dead (2004) and Super. Anyway, it should be noted that the live action Scooby Doo movie was actually supposed to be a raunchy parody of the franchise, before WB insisted on toning it down for kids. Even then, the movie wasn’t devoid of some dirty jokes that you wouldn’t expect from the Scooby Doo franchise.

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That wasn’t the only movie he worked on. I was referring to stuff like Dawn of the Dead (2004) and Super. Anyway, it should be noted that the live action Scooby Doo movie was actually supposed to be a raunchy parody of the franchise, before WB insisted on toning it down for kids. Even then, the movie wasn’t devoid of some dirty jokes that you wouldn’t expect from the Scooby Doo franchise.

Funny to see WB going from toning Gunn's work down to him now saying they're giving him full creative control... how things change.

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I was joking. Dawn of the Dead is pretty awesome by the way. One of the best horror-action films ever along with Dog Soldiers, Predator, and Aliens.

Nathan Fillion Responds to 'Suicide Squad' Character Rumors

The actor says he loves the guessing games, but does not want to be asked directly because "I am the worst liar."

Nathan Fillion is just fine with fans thinking he is playing Arm-Fall-Off-Boy in the upcoming James Gunn film The Suicide Squad.

He's actually not playing that random character (or so he and director James Gunn claim), but is OK with those rumors. The actor lifted the veil just a tad on The Suicide Squad when he visited Wednesday with SiriusXM’s Jessica Shaw to talk about his TV show, The Rookie. 

News of Fillion's casting in Gunn's version of the DC anti-hero group circulated last year, but just who he is playing remains a mystery. Gunn previously stated Fillion is not Arm-Fall-Off-Boy during an Instagram Q&A. Fillion also assured Shaw he was not playing that character.

"That was never a comic I really dived into, so I didn't really know who that was that they were talking about, and it certainly wasn't the name I was reading in the script," Fillion said. "So, I just said, 'Yeah, yeah, go for it. Whatever you guys think is great, so long as you're not asking—' it's so secret. It's so super, duper secret."

He continued, "I'm the worst liar. I couldn't play poker to save my life," referring to his hopes no one asks him directly about his character. Warner Bros.' The Suicide Squad is set to arrive Aug. 6, 2021, in theaters. Watch Fillion talk about the film below.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/nathan-fillion-responds-suicide-squad-character-rumors-1280021?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by belblazer

On 2/14/2020 at 2:09 AM, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I blame WB for not putting out a red band trailer for BoP. Deadpool did it, Logan did it, Joker didn't do it but the trailers still made it very clear it wasn't your typical CBM.

BoP was flopping regardless of a red band trailer 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1