kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Cernovich (the POS who found the jokes) isn't just a Nazi but a conspiracy theorist and a fucking rapist.

So? Does that make the tweets less legitimate? James Gunn making thousands of "distasteful" jokes is not a conspiracy.

Being offended by the jokes is perfectly valid.

26 minutes ago, Avatree said:

So? Does that make the tweets less legitimate? James Gunn making thousands of "distasteful" jokes is not a conspiracy.

Being offended by the jokes is perfectly valid.

No that part is a conspiracy. He made like 12 distasteful jokes but he deleted all his tweets before a certain time period (which is easier to do than search specific tweets and then delete them) so people were all “wow they must have all been pedo jokes” which is wrong... I think someone would’ve noticed a while sooner if he had literally thousands of those jokes on his profile 

• Like 3

I don't know that another Suicide Squad movie is a necessity when there are so many other properties with similar, or even the same characters, when this one is just going to be a collection of decisions of what bathwater to throw out, what bathwater to keep, and making sure all the babies survive the process. 

Are Margot Robbie and Will Smith so essential that they have to stay? One presumes that plenty of people think they are so. What about Viola Davis? 

The thing is that Suicide Squad was so inept, so incompetently made that evaluating the acting and many of the various creative decisions are almost pointless. It's like the 2016 Ghostbusters deciding it was going to apply improv-culture comedy to a high concept comedy. Decisions made so early on and structurally relevant to the movie prevented literally anything else about the film from having any chance of being anything other than the cinematic abomination that it was. And the editing of the released version....I mean you can pick almost no useful information out of something so useless. Maybe in there somewhere was an amazing performance or character arc or at least some fantastic ideas, but who would ever know?

I honestly would have just left it, gone to the characters in other properties and quietly let it just slowly get ignored. But that's hard when the movie itself for all its catastrophic elements made a lot of money and showed that there's big bucks in the concept. 

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose

52 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

No that part is a conspiracy. He made like 12 distasteful jokes but he deleted all his tweets before a certain time period (which is easier to do than search specific tweets and then delete them) so people were all “wow they must have all been pedo jokes” which is wrong... I think someone would’ve noticed a while sooner if he had literally thousands of those jokes on his profile 

And people did notice those tweets before. Those tweets were discovered ages ago (like right after he got the job for the first GOTG) but no one cared back then because Gunn didn't speak against Trump back then. The only reason Disney fired him is because these MAGA idiots started spreading it after Gunn (deservingly so) started to shit on Trump.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So within a day ,WB manage to fire Ben Affleck And Will Smith...

I don't think Will Smith is fired. Just because most of the characters won't be returning doesn't mean Deadshot won't. I am expecting Deadshot (and probably Harley Quinn because I don't see Smith returning without Margot Robbie), Waller, Boomerang, and Rick Flagg to return. 

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Gunn >>>>>>>>>>> completely pedestrian, laughably overrated Travis Knight who's gonna take over GOTG despite having ZERO creativity as a director. So he's good at sap. Big fuckin deal. 

If Knight gets GOTG 3, he’s still gonna get help from Feige, so I doubt it’ll feel all that different from the first two

17 minutes ago, TMP said:

If Knight gets GOTG 3, he’s still gonna get help from Feige, so I doubt it’ll feel all that different from the first two

Ok, so lets pretend that Feige is somehow the brain behind all different and distinctive styles that MCU movies exhibit and that has nothing to do with individual director's creativity.  He's a producer. he's great at assembling the team and management but lets dial it back when it comes to creative input especially as diverse as we've seen so far. 

you don't like Gunn and that's fine. But taking all the credit from him,for GOTG being what it is, and giving it to Feige is BS that Feige would not agree with. he always credits his directors so that's that.

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

With Feige ghost directing I could get an MCU flick to a certified fresh rating on RT

If Kevin Feige truly ghost directed 20+ movies often with overlapping production schedules that all got fresh on RT and have collectively made billions of dollars, then he must be the most talented bitch on the planet.

25 minutes ago, Hades said:

Feige's not even needed.The Critics hard on for the MCU is more than enough....:popcorn:

Nah. MCU makes generally safe, pretty good films that at the very least have a competant 3 act structure (more than you can say for a lot of funnybook films...)

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Well not thousands. I've no idea how many but I read quite a lot. My point is that the tweets are real, you can read them, they are not fabricated.