kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

Man this was so much fun, big smile on my face throughout. Wonderfully violent, funny, occasionally gross and disturbing. Full James Gunn and zany to the max. Doesn't miss out on the heart as well, great character work/dynamics and all the little sub-plots come together nicely. It's pretty straightforward plot wise but it keeps you on your toes with a couple of things. Looks pretty nice as well (seems like they added a thin layer of grain to some scenes like 'Nobody' to give it some texture), CGI was strong, solid action sequences. 

The film delivered where it should unlike some of the other bigger blockbusters this year.

This and 'A Quiet Place Part II' have definitely been the best big screen cinema going experiences so far. 

8.5/10 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I guess the fact that “EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS ZACK SNYDER AND DEBORAH SNYDER” appearing in giant ass letters at the start of the film means nothing to these people? I know they didn’t really have anything to do with the film beyond an EP credit, but it’s still technically in the same universe that Snyder set up.

David Ayer is also the first name thanked in the “film makers wish to thank” part of the credits, so these people acting like Gunn maliciously usurped Snyder/Ayer couldn’t be further off the mark if they tried…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RRA said:

It’s really dumb considering Snyder and Gunn have never said anything bad about each other (Gunn in fact had said nice things the other many times.) 

They literally worked together on Snyder’s best film. The mental gymnastics that these people go through to feel victimised is unreal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

20 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

Oh yeah, lol.   

Well, still think 1B WW-C would be possible which is pretty great.

Probably Wonder Woman numbers

I mean yeah it would have opened to $145-150M and then leg out to may be $400M domestically (reviews are basically are around MCU Phase 3 movies, they are high 90s now but will eventually go in low 90s) and $450M normal OS.

Edit: I didn't realise SS had done $421M OS. Geesh where did it did that much, since Asia was pretty much mid level. Europe seems nice, not much lower Far From Home non-adjusted for ER. The only overperformance is Brazil, but guess ER was nice back then. Trending in OS market don't seem so bad, so I suppose $400-450M DOM and $450-500M OS.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Snyder fans know how to spell his name, those reviews are fake. I know every fandom has their bad apples, like any other group of people in the world, but I've never seen any attack like this being organized by them. The Snyder fandom always tried to act with positivity and kindness.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, TMP said:

who cares bro, lol

Considering people are trying to downplay it? Many apparently. 

I like Star Wars, but a lot of SW fans are toolboxes and it’s not like I’m offended when they’re called as such by others. If anything, I want to help slap them with a trout myself. 

• Like 1

Titans would be perfect for him. It's a group and they are weird and dark. Easy RR. He could bring Ray's Cyborg back but BatAffleck doesn't have a son and Robin is dead, maybe a new Robin like the series? unless Flash change things...

Or it can be placed in another universe.

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

Titans would be perfect for him. It's a group and they are weird and dark. Easy RR. He could bring Ray's Cyborg back but BatAffleck doesn't have a son and Robin is dead, maybe a new Robin like the series? unless Flash change things...

Or it can be placed in another universe.

Ray Fisher has been very clear that he won’t return to DC unless either Snyder is involved, or Walter Hamada issues an apology. 

6 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

wow , this fandom is synonymous to toxic

It's  two groups  of idiots shouting at each other.

What the Gunn fans did stinks, but the SNyder fans, have pretty much done the same stupid stunts, and I can'r fell much sympathy for them for that reason.

• Like 1