kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

There is no such thing as big marketing and this movie (biggest marketing LOL), well maybe in your head.

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I said in the past couple of days. Not a lot of reviews have come in since the weekend ended. 

I read that part and the press screening have already happened, it's not a shock. Nothing noteworthy

Edited by Lighthouse

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

Only 6 more reviews since Sunday...

WB only had cinema screenings.

The blogs and websites will be reviewing it from HBOMax no doubt. They don’t tend to be reputable enough to have press passes or get invited to official screenings. 

The only thing you really have to blame is it’s available for free on HBOMax from day 1. 

The fact is: we don’t have a streaming option for it here in the UK and it opened to just £1m less than F9 and Black Widow. 

If it falters this weekend, HBOMax is the main culprit. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

I have my tickets set for Friday night! Can’t wait, seems like a good film! It sucks that the films box office is looking disastrous! Guarantee if it opens in the range currently predicted we’re going to have to deal with melt downs and DCEU is dead posts everywhere 

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The only thing you really have to blame is it’s available for free on HBOMax from day 1. 

The fact is: we don’t have a streaming option for it here in the UK and it opened to just £1m less than F9 and Black Widow. 

If it falters this weekend, HBOMax is the main culprit. 

Based on what we keep hearing from people in the US, it also seems like WB did a better job of marketing it over here in the UK. I’ve seen loads of billboards, bus adverts and TV adverts for it, whereas in the US it sounds like it’s barely ramped up at all, which is baffling.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

At this point, I wouldn’t be opposed to an Ayer Cut, but the odds of it happening seem unlikely. The Snyder Cut happening was a miracle that was only possible because the higher ups at AT&T saw it as an opportunity to promote their streaming service. Now that AT&T and WB are going their separate ways, I can’t imagine Warner and Discovery would be willing to invest any amount of money into something like this, when they’d clearly rather just move forward and forget the past. Plus, unlike ZSJL, I don’t think an Ayer Cut would really have much going for it that would make it commercially appealing, outside of better editing. 

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

I'm sorry but saying it doesn't have marketing is just insane. I've seen just as many tv spots for it as I did Jungle Cruise. It's been all over the Olympics. 

“Bad/not enough marketing” is simply the go to phrase for when a movie people want/think should be big… isn’t. Not much relation to the actual state of the marketing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I'm sorry but saying it doesn't have marketing is just insane. I've seen just as many tv spots for it as I did Jungle Cruise. It's been all over the Olympics. 

Literally seeing so many ads myself. That's why I posted that comment. Marketing is definetly not the problem. I mean why will WB be selective and promote it everywhere and not in USA? It doesn't make sense. 

Lack of interest is the problem. Hopefully good reviews and wom lead to success. I want this , Free Guy and Shang-Chi to succeed for no more delays.

7 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

“Bad/not enough marketing” is simply the go to phrase for when a movie people want/think should be big… isn’t. Not much relation to the actual state of the marketing.

Yeah, but I do think this one had some absolutely terrible marketing. Seeing a lot of TV spots doesn't really mean good marketing either. Most big movies have a lot of TV spots.