kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

5 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Making a sequel/rebootequel without Will Smith when he was in the original movie was always going to come back to haunt them. Ask the IDR guys.

main.jpg

While that one was the number one Hollywood movie of 2020 !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Star power is still a thing?

On the assigned franchise role probably (i.e. it would probably be costly on the BO to recast Thor) or when you are Dwayne Johnson, Tarantino-Nolan level.

For example if one would try to find the Damon less Bourne movie entry:

Jul 29, 2016 Jason Bourne $120,000,000 $59,215,365 $162,192,920 $416,168,316
Aug 10, 2012 The Bourne Legacy $125,000,000 $38,142,825 $113,203,870 $280,355,920
Aug 3, 2007 The Bourne Ultimatum $130,000,000 $69,283,690 $227,471,070 $444,043,396
Jul 23, 2004 The Bourne Supremacy $85,000,000 $52,521,865 $176,087,450 $311,001,124
Jun 14, 2002 The Bourne Identity $60,000,000 $27,118,640 $121,468,960 $214,357,371

If Cruise was not in the next MI or Top Gun, they would be a different affair, same goes if Bad Boys had been recast and not by Johnson-Kevin Hart.

Edited by Barnack

Rollover star power from previous eras. All of them are now in their late 40s, early 50s - Smith, Denzel, Leo, Cruise, The Rock, Tyler Perry. You don't have a reliable boxoffice pull from the last decade, well, not a human anyway. Franchises are now star power. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

this is the suicide squad movie that should've opened to 133M few years ago (it's unfortunate how it might open to 10x less than that).  the R-rating was very good here imo, Feige should convince the higher ups at Disney to let Gunn direct an R-rated MCU movie. it would be glorious.

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

And i remember vividly how much this forum laughed at that measly 94M.

In context of BvS' 166M Opening, it was simply a terrible number since JL was designed to be DC's Avengers.

That's still only around a 43% drop. Apply that to TSS and you'd get 75m. The fact that it's had such good reviews and would be luky to make even half that figure seem crazy to me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chicago said:

That's still only around a 43% drop. Apply that to TSS and you'd get 75m. The fact that it's had such good reviews and would be luky to make even half that figure seem crazy to me. 

Yeah but there are also the extraordinary factors of the Pandemic still going on and the movie beeing available on HBO Max. A lot of people who would have seen the film normally in cinemas will just sit on their coach and see it anyway.

after watching the movie I just went and checked the trailers and not sure why people were saying this had terrible marketing because those trailers were pretty solid.  I think the lack of interest in this film is mostly because of the lack of Joker, despite what people say, Ayer's suicide squad had decent box office legs so it's wasn't as hated as some people make it out to be. 

after all the Joker is DC's biggest IP atm and I know box office is not coming back to pre-pandemic times anytime soon but even without COVID I think Reeve's Batman wouldn't outgross the Joker movie either way. 

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

It's called the Covid Resurgence. in the US. It's totally dominating the news in the US, an it's gving people sceonc thoughts about going to a theater.

people overseas don's get how damn serious the Delta Covid outbreak in the US Is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

SS was one of the movies I've heard people talk terrible about in the real world. Especially, I remember like yesterday people dragging that joker and how bad he was, and I'm not even from the US.

It's funny how some of you are reaching so hard with those justifications, and trying to re-write history now. It's one of the most hated movies there, not doubt.

The movie is already in HBO Max, if I were in USA I wouldn't go out when I already have the movie for free LOL

Denis Villeneuve was so spot on in his words about AT&T.