kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

Wonder how many people are watching it all over the world right now for free. Honestly, it’s just so pathetic that WB ever thought this was a good idea. 

I’m confident many moviegoers will go and see it domestically this weekend, and thankful we in the U.K. had it in cinemas a week ago exclusively - when it felt special, rather than a giveaway. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's called the Covid Resurgence. in the US. It's totally dominating the news in the US, an it's gving people sceonc thoughts about going to a theater.

people overseas don's get how damn serious the Delta Covid outbreak in the US Is.

People in the US don’t get how damn not serious the delta covid outbreak in the US is.   

But yeah, the media is hyping it up and you see a lot of excessive fear.

• Like 2

So for people asking, yes there is a plan, and stuff will start connecting more.

know WB/DC tried to shed the label several years ago, but is the term DCEU still used internally?

Yeah, it is. It is, sometimes. Yeah, I think that there’s definitely an eye. I got a lot more of it after the movie was made, frankly, because they’re really just trying to make everything fit together much better. And I know a lot of it because of working on Peacemaker and doing that, which is definitely connected to The Suicide Squad and it ends up being connected to other DC properties. So yeah, I think that, more than ever, there’s sort of an eye to connect stuff a little bit more. But also, willing to take those properties like Joker and make them standalone DC properties, and I think that’s a good balance”

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's called the Covid Resurgence. in the US. It's totally dominating the news in the US, an it's gving people sceonc thoughts about going to a theater.

people overseas don's get how damn serious the Delta Covid outbreak in the US Is.

I guess I don't understand HBO either. It's madness that it's free to watch yet they are still releasing it in theatres. I think you are suffering a similar outbreak to what we had a couple of weeks ago with Delta. 

Oof. Big nope. I am sure that the target demographic, teenage males, will eat this up. There are definitely some fun parts of it.  But I do not see a lot of cross demographic appeal to this movie. Particularly because it’s already up for free on HBO Max.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

It was decent fun, but not as focused as the Guardians movies or even Birds of Prey. While I liked the humor, it would be interesting to see how international audiences react to it.

Interesting. I enjoyed BOP, but being focused wasn’t exactly one of its strengths. 

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Oof. Big nope. I am sure that the target demographic, teenage males, will eat this up. There are definitely some fun parts of it.  But I do not see a lot of cross demographic appeal to this movie. Particularly because it’s already up for free on HBO Max.

Marvel fangirl 😉

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Marvel fangirl 😉

You can’t say that, they might accuse you of starting a fanboy war! Which is crazy, because I don’t engage in those. I’m a fan girl.  😘😘😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But seriously, I think Harley Quinn fans are going to feel like a bait and switch watching this. And I would not underestimate her fangirls. They are dedicated, and they spend money.

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

You can’t say that, they might accuse you of starting a fanboy war! Which is crazy, because I don’t engage in those. I’m a fan girl.  😘😘😘

Oh god no, I can't be involved with any of that nonsense! I take it back! I TAKE IT BACK! 😭😭😭

• Haha 1

Going by reviews I expected a GOTG but this was like GOTG 2. I don't like that movie except some elements and I didn't like many parts of this too.

Peacemaker, Polka Dot man and Ratcatcher are great but big yikes for Harley Quinn. I expected Harley Quinn to be the star of this movie but her character arc left very bad taste in my mouth. 

This movie is not it. 

Aquaman ,Shazam and Joker were best run of DCEU. Even though I have some minor problems with them. 

James Gunn fans will probably like this and I can totally understand why.

• Thanks 1