kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

37 minutes ago, Cap said:

But seriously, I think Harley Quinn fans are going to feel like a bait and switch watching this. And I would not underestimate her fangirls. They are dedicated, and they spend money.

Loved the movie . And I agree didn't do much for harley. But even the little time she had with exception of her action sequences and the milton gag . wasn't impressed with her tbh and  she can come off annoying at times . 

I think not making her the centre was a good decision. They don't do enough with her to make her a compelling lead . She seems to work better as a supporting character .

Yeah her fangirls didn't help BOP.

Don't think this movie will appeal to all audiences which will hurt it's  box office more.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

I wish I went into this with lower expectations. It was fun, funny, some heart, totally fine and well put together. My new favorite DCEU I guess. But don’t understand the glowing reviews.

Edited by Lokis Legion
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, wildphantom said:

thankful we in the U.K. had it in cinemas a week ago exclusively - when it felt special, rather than a giveaway. 

Same here. 

4 hours ago, cax16 said:

Well, the box office might not be great but at least it got to the top trending spot tonight (in the states)and most reactions I’m seeing are really positive. 

I’m not surprised! Going to see it again this weekend. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

I wish I went into this with lower expectations. It was fun, funny, some heart, totally fine and well put together. My new favorite DCEU I guess. But don’t understand the glowing reviews.

Because most of the people/critics liked it? I don't get why a DC production being acclaimed makes people so shocked.

I will never understand neither why movies like Ragnarok, Far from Home, Homecoming, GG and many others MCU projects have such high scores (and most of them are very inferior to this tbh). But I imagine the same, they just liked it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Anyone who enjoys this film should really check out Doom Patrol on HBO Max as well. It has a similar sort of irreverent tone and I honestly can’t recommend it enough.

It’s a completely standalone show so don’t worry about needing to have seen any of the other Berlanti shows or DC films. It’s also considerably more adult than the other Berlanti produced shows, very violent, sweary and weird (in the best possible way).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RealLyre said:

most superhero movies shouldn't get more than 70% on RT but they do and there isn't much to understand there. 

If Deadpool gets 85% it means 85% thought it was harmless fun. It doesn't mean 85% think it deserves an oscar.

Every genre has it's own metrics. You don't bash a comedy for not being scary. You don't bash a superhero movie for not being oscar bait. If it was fun or enjoyable it should get a thumbs up.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RealLyre said:

most superhero movies shouldn't get more than 70% on RT but they do and there isn't much to understand there. 

Someday, god willing, people will understand how the fucking RT score works and that it's not a score of the movie, it's a percentage of positive vs negative reviews

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3