kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

5 hours ago, Chicago said:

I'm sorry but we live in a world where Billie Eilish wins song of the year whilst ticktockers and influencers are worshipped. People without talent are replacing people with talent, sometimes we just have to inject this world with a little truth 

I also didn't call anyone an idiot. I may be an asshole, but I'm not 100% a dick ma'am 

billie eilish doesnt have talent?? you're such a pretentious boomer lmao.

and not you being pretentious and defending TSS as if its some cinematic masterpiece, lmfao. its just another run of the mill superhero movie. its certainly no joker

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

I am not sure about the we live in a world that worship tiktoker or influencer, I would suspect that influencer would be even under owner of the social media platform on pool like this:

profession-scores.png?quality=90&strip=a

I would not be surprised if it is not the opposite with those 2 being among the most hated and least respected people in our society. We tend to worship nurses, farmer and firefighters in the west and will attribute to them a long list of positive attribute they are likely to have and do the exact opposite to an influencer.

Billie Eilish and her brother not having talent sound like someone that do not thing for himself and try to sound cool would say, what next Christina Aguilera has no singing talent ?

I was trying to not enter this Billie Eilish thing but honestly, she made 1 EP and 2 albuns entirely alone with her brother.

I mean, what´s the definition of talent then if an acclaimed artist who actually wrote and produced her whole shit with one brother isn´t talented?

She just released another album praised by all critics, with 86 on metacritic and right now probably the front runner for the next grammy. Calling her untalented because of one clearly commercial song does sounds like an pretensious affirmation just to sound cool.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

and not you being pretentious and defending TSS as if its some cinematic masterpiece, lmfao. its just another run of the mill superhero movie. its certainly no joker

I've never said TSS is a masterpiece, have I?

Music these days is all techno and no rhythm, mumbling passed off as singing and tunes that sound like it could have been done by Ross Gellar on his Keyboard. I guess I find it weird seeing songs like 'bad guy' be deemed better pieces of music than something like "someone you loved".  Maybe I am just going through a Stan marsh period of seeing music through shit tainted screens, I now get my fathers complaints all those years ago lol.

Yeah I'm becoming a boomer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

I've never said TSS is a masterpiece, have I?

Music these days is all techno and no rhythm, mumbling passed off as singing and tunes that sound like it could have been done by Ross Gellar on his Keyboard. I guess I find it weird seeing songs like 'bad guy' be deemed better pieces of music than something like "someone you loved".  Maybe I am just going through a Stan marsh period of seeing music through shit tainted screens, I now get my fathers complaints all those years ago lol.

Yeah I'm becoming a boomer

English seems to be better then a lot of singers nowdays.

But I gotta laugh at the new Cobain line. That mean she is going to die really young of a Drug overdose?

But..back to the topic. Variety did a  post motem on the box office failure of SS 2021 today. Pretty much says the obvious, but a good summing up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I was trying to not enter this Billie Eilish thing but honestly, she made 1 EP and 2 albuns entirely alone with her brother.

I mean, what´s the definition of talent then if an acclaimed artist who actually wrote and produced her whole shit with one brother isn´t talented?

She just released another album praised by all critics, with 86 on metacritic and right now probably the front runner for the next grammy. Calling her untalented because of one clearly commercial song does sounds like an pretensious affirmation just to sound cool.

Yeah I remember her winning a Grammy over Lewis Capaldi whilst everyone with decent musical taste raised their eyebrows in disbelief. It was a USA based awards show afterall and it was controvesial at the time. I remember social media being shocked by that outcome.

Yeah she made 2 shit albums. Seriously I could write a top 10 hit these days. It's probably just a US thing, I think you lot like her more than the UK

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

English seems to be better then a lot of singers nowdays.

But I gotta laugh at the new Cobain line. That mean she is going to die really young of a Drug overdose?

But..back to the topic. Variety did a  post motem on the box office failure of SS 2021 today. Pretty much says the obvious, but a good summing up.

She doesn't look like she's gone off the rails, well hopefully not lol.

I'm interested to see how TSS homds in the US compared to the UK. It's a flop regardless I guess 

12 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Oh btw... Joker was shit too. actually it was worse than shit, it was quite scary. The "you get what you fucking deserve" line was praised by far too many edgy teens. It was quite disturbing to see so many young people see Jokers actions as understandable. 

Edited by Chicago