kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

I imagine many of the franchise entry non voice role could never happen or take time, must be hard to schedule those assemble movie that were not locked to happen in advance:

Gemini Man (filming) 
Henry
 2019Aladdin (post-production) 
Genie
 2019Spies in Disguise (pre-production) 
Lance Sterling (voice)
 2019Suicide Squad 2 (announced) 
Deadshot
 Bad Boys 4 (announced) 
Mike Lowrey
 Bad Boys for Life (announced) 
Detective Mike Lowrey
 Bright 2 (announced) 
Daryl Ward

15 minutes ago, RRA said:

Enough to postpone SS2 and course correct their plans for Harley again? Makes you wonder about that SS2 script if it really really needs more retooling for WB to put it on the back burner for now.

In the end if they film SS2 or BOP first it doesn’t really matter. What if BOP films in October  and ends in December and then they go right into shooting SS2 in January of 2019. I’m guessing they just wanted to introduce Batgirl etc in BOP so they could jump into production of Batgirl movie next year as well.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if they Filmed SS2 this year cause apparently black Adam was supposed to be introduced in that movie and the rock just said in an interview he thought they could film Black Adam next year. 

But we’re all just guessing here, no one really knows everything, not even Kroll. He just reports what he’s told. 

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

I imagine many of the franchise entry non voice role could never happen or take time, must be hard to schedule those assemble movie that were not locked to happen in advance:

Gemini Man (filming) 
Henry
 2019Aladdin (post-production) 
Genie
 2019Spies in Disguise (pre-production) 
Lance Sterling (voice)
 2019Suicide Squad 2 (announced) 
Deadshot
 Bad Boys 4 (announced) 
Mike Lowrey
 Bad Boys for Life (announced) 
Detective Mike Lowrey
 Bright 2 (announced) 
Daryl Ward

Lol Bad Boys with Will Smith ain't happening it's either salvaged as TV show or get the Independence Day sequel treatment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

In the end if they film SS2 or BOP first it doesn’t really matter. What if BOP films in October  and ends in December and then they go right into shooting SS2 in January of 2019. I’m guessing they just wanted to introduce Batgirl etc in BOP so they could jump into production of Batgirl movie next year as well.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if they Filmed SS2 this year cause apparently black Adam was supposed to be introduced in that movie and the rock just said in an interview he thought they could film Black Adam next year. 

But we’re all just guessing here, no one really knows everything, not even Kroll. He just reports what he’s told. 

Apparently WB doesn’t know either. #rimshot

1 hour ago, RRA said:

So Suicide Squad 2 ain’t happening now, in favor of Birds of Prey?

I just realized something. SS, the new “hit” property for DCEU that doesn’t get an actual sequel anytime soon this side of MAN OF STEEL? Whoa.

They already hired a director, it's probably only being pushed back a few months shooting wise.

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

They could film SS2 next year and still have it ready for 2020. 

Just now, NamakFiskKa said:

BOP, SS 2/Flashpoint , Batman.

AND

New Gods, elseworld Joker movie.

GL gets slightly delayed from it's 4 years in advance placeholder spot.

I imagine we'll have at most 3 DC films in a year, Batman seems more likely for 2021 than 2020 so perhaps it could be 

February 14th 2020: Birds of Prey

June 6th 2020: Suicide Squad 2

October 2020 or December 2020: Joker

4 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

BOP, SS 2/Flashpoint , Batman.

AND

New Gods, elseworld Joker movie.

GL gets slightly delayed from it's 4 years in advance placeholder spot.

You forgot Evans’ Deathstroke, the Harley/Joker Movie, GCS (which is probably dead at this point but I digress), Deadshot, Nightwing, And so many others escaping me right now.

EDIT: and obviously MOS 2. Sorry Supes, I keep forgetting you!

Edited by RRA

People need to stop dreaming. The only sequel we will get from this [mostly] beleaguered first phase of the DCEU is Wonder Woman 2, and that is because the original WW was the only DCEU film that was an unqualified success.

If you expect a MOS2 or a JL2, please make sure you are sitting in a very comfy chair while you wait. Heck, I bet the SS2 film will end up not happening either.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StevenG said:

People need to stop dreaming. The only sequel we will get from this [mostly] beleaguered first phase of the DCEU is Wonder Woman 2, and that is because the original WW was the only DCEU film that was an unqualified success.

If you expect a MOS2 or a JL2, please make sure you are sitting in a very comfy chair while you wait. Heck, I bet the SS2 film will end up not happening either.

Again, they've hired a director and they have a new producer on board, if it wasn't happening, they'd not have gone through the process of hiring either. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Again, they've hired a director and they have a new producer on board, if it wasn't happening, they'd not have gone through the process of hiring either. 

Lol, are you serious? Movies can be cancelled no matter if someone's hired or how deep it's in development. Spider-Man 4 was cancelled 2 months before filming start date, deep in pre-production, and there are millions and millions of similar examples.

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Each new producer is there to develop the movie and help it actually get made (i.e. get full greenlight from Warner Bros.), and directors are attached all the time to things that ultimately don't get made, of course.  It's great when anything actually gets made...and it's a miracle if it turns out well. 

I'm sure Warner Bros. is really, really trying to make something that doesn't divide people in the way these previous films have...and yet, with the Box Office grosses this mess of a movie astoundingly did, they cannot refuse to try again.