kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

32 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Who said they're going PG-13?

The other one made 325M DOM being PG13, do you really think they'll change that formula? I say there's no way this one isn't PG13 either.

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Mel Gibson recently trashed Batman v Superman in an interview. Only Warner Bros. would take one look at that and say "yep, this is our savior."

I'm sure there have been bigger turnarounds in Hollywood. The funny thing is that the report says he's immersing himself in the material so he's actually considering it. Not sure which one would be a bigger shocker.

Edited by Arlborn

16 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

The other one made 325M DOM being PG13, do you really think they'll change that formula? I say there's no way this one isn't PG13 either.

I'm sure there have been bigger turnarounds in Hollywood. The funny thing is that the report says he's immersing himself in the material so he's actually considering it. Not sure which one would be a bigger shocker.

The bigger shocker is that he actually he has a career again

• Like 1

This benefit both WB and Mel Gibson. Warner Bros gets an Oscar director for Suicide Squad 2 and Mel Gibson will probably form a relationship with Warner Bros which means more passion projects for him in the future. Plus I'm sure he would be great adapting some of the earlier Suicide Squad runs. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

Mel Gibson recently trashed Batman v Superman in an interview. Only Warner Bros. would take one look at that and say "yep, this is our savior."

The University of Michigan signed a football player that said Fuck Michigan.

Do you know why?

Because he's fucking great as hell. Get the great as hell guy.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

if you're going to get someone like Mel Gibson surely it would be for something like Justice League. Suicide Squad? WTF

Well MG isn't that well liked. I mean, he's a great director. But you can probably get away with putting him on SS2 whereas with JL you'd have a pretty decent backlash, I'd think.

15 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Will production start on this after Gotham City Sirens wraps shooting? Nuts that there are already three villain-centric DCEU franchises in some phase of development with SS, GCS and Black Adam.

It's not really that nuts. If they're looking at a way to distance themselves from looking like a Marvel, (and the actions they've taken so far seem to indicate this is what they're doing) they may as well focus on the one area where DC has a huge advantage: good villains.

• Like 4

:rofl: WB hiring Mel Gibson to Direct SS2 after him saying BvS was shit is like Wb saying "Yup it was, help us!" :rofl: If he does I would totally be on board, it will probably be great, kind of feel like it's a waste of Mel's talent to be honest though.