kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

Old DC is dead. I’ve finally got some hope for this thing.

If by old DC you mean the Snyderverse, it should have died after BvS.

I still think Ayer's original plans for Suicide Squad were interesting...a low budget, character driven film with mainly practical action scenes and avoiding Huge CGI effects(something in terms of visuals like Deadpool)  was interesting;too bad it got totally lost in the film we finally got.

Though not all that went wrong with DC can be blamed on Snyder;they managed to mess up my favorite (after Batman) DC franchise pretty badly with Green Lantern without Snyder being involved.

And don't get me started on how they butchered Jonah Hex....

4 hours ago, MrGamer said:

The DCEU stans are too busy raging at Hamada and yelling “betrayal”. I’ve seen a lot DC fans actually ok with this.

I repeat, a lot of the DCEU fans are not DC fans but Zack Snyder fans. With Snyder pretty much out except for a "courtesy" producer credit I thin they will soon lose interest in the DCU.

I think the real DC fans have always taken a more balanaced view.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

A Suicide Squad movie doesn't need to have the joker. They can allow Reeves to recast Joker for his Batman reboot. I always thought that SS should have some of the weirdest and obscure comic book villains out there which is part of its appeal. I wouldn't even add mainstream comic book villains to the SS roster. 

Actually, one of the episodes of the Bruce Timm "Justice League Unlimited" series had the Suicide Squad in all but name.

I agree the Joker was not a necessity, but Deadshot has always been a core member of the Suicide Squad. And, Harley is too popular to leave out of SS2. But other then those 2, bring on the obscure villians. Bruce Timm sure as hell used them in his Justice Leagues series.

Gunn took nobody characters and made them huge in GOTG.

Imo SS2 won't have the same characters as SS1 apart from Amanda. Will also help the budgeting.

Quinn has BoP story-line. A non DCEU Joker is already being made. Probably Volume 2 characters from the comics will be cast:

Notable team members from Suicide Squad (vol. 2) include:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a2k said:

Gunn took nobody characters and made them huge in GOTG.

Imo SS2 won't have the same characters as SS1 apart from Amanda. Will also help the budgeting.

Quinn has BoP story-line. A non DCEU Joker is already being made. Probably Volume 2 characters from the comics will be cast:

I'd keep Will Smith at the very least.

I'm also not sure how viable this would be without Harley Quinn.

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

I repeat, a lot of the DCEU fans are not DC fans but Zack Snyder fans. With Snyder pretty much out except for a "courtesy" producer credit I thin they will soon lose interest in the DCU.

I think the real DC fans have always taken a more balanaced view.

Courtesy credit is called "executive producer", Zack and Deborah Snyder are real producers on Wonder Woman 2. Zack Snyder acted like the Kevin Feige of the first film and haters can refuse to believe that all they want, but there's only one reality.

I don't know why anyone would recast the Suicide Squad characters. People loved them, especially Viola Davis as Amanda Waller and Will Smith as Deadshot (and obviously Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn).

People were crying about Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and then were wet with the Justice League post credits scene, so I wouldn't take any rejection to Jared Leto's Joker very seriously. He was in a bad movie, it's hard to say he ain't capable of being a great Joker.

As for James Gunn, I think the tweets were disgusting but if there's no evidence that that behavior wasn't more than just bad jokes, I can't see why not give him an opportunity. People that have worked with him has only positive things to say about him, so I am not against it based on that. My worry is the quality of his movies, but I also don't think it's fair to judge his talents based on the mediocre Guardians of the Galaxy movies, because the way things are made at Marvel Studios, it's hard to put the blame on the director.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

People were crying about Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and then were wet with the Justice League post credits scene, so I wouldn't take any rejection to Jared Leto's Joker very seriously.

I think they were getting wet for Deathstroke, not Lex Luthor.

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

My worry is the quality of his movies, but I also don't think it's fair to judge his talents based on the mediocre Guardians of the Galaxy movies, because the way things are made at Marvel Studios, it's hard to put the blame on the director.

Of course, as if Suicide Squad wasn’t made because of the critical acclaim and success of Guardians of the Galaxy or was totally safe from studio meddling. 

:apocalypse:

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I think they were getting wet for Deathstroke, not Lex Luthor.

Of course, as if Suicide Squad wasn’t made because of the critical acclaim and success of Guardians of the Galaxy or was totally safe from studio meddling. 

:apocalypse:

It's just my personal opinion. I don't like the first Suicide Squad and I don't like the two Guardians movies either, for different reasons. And as a DC fan I want better than that.