kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It's just my personal opinion. I don't like the first Suicide Squad and I don't like the two Guardians movies either, for different reasons. And as a DC fan I want better than that.

You don't like the two Guardians movies because they have "Marvel Studios" in front of them. Put the DC logo + Zack Snyder's credit in them and you'd worship those damn films.

Anyway, as long as Gunn gets to make whatever movie he wants without studio interference, SS2 should be leaps and bounds better than the 1st one in just about every imaginable way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It's just my personal opinion. I don't like the first Suicide Squad and I don't like the two Guardians movies either, for different reasons. And as a DC fan I want better than that.

As a DC fan you want everything "Dark,Gritty and Edgy".

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You don't like the two Guardians movies because they have "Marvel Studios" in front of them. Put the DC logo + Zack Snyder's credit in them and you'd worship those damn films.

Anyway, as long as Gunn gets to make whatever movie he wants without studio interference, SS2 should be leaps and bounds better than the 1st one in just about every imaginable way.

I 1000% agree with your first senteance. Napoleon is so over the top in his total hatred for Marvel Studios that most DC fans distance themselves from him.

I am not even conviced that Napoleon is a sincere DC fan. He strikes me more as a Zaxk Snyder fan.

If Marvel Studios, in a moment of madness, would hire Snyder to do a film, then The Emperor of France would become a Marvel fan overnight.

I just don't get the point of these fan feuds. They are ridiculous and pointless. ANd pleae note, Marvel and DC do not indulge in them,and work together on many Crossover projects that are lucrative to both.

As for your second, I don't think any director makes a big budget movie without some studio interference. A studio is going to want to protect it's investment..they are paying for the damn film. But I think that Gunn and DC will probably not have too much of a problem coming to a agreement.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

As a DC fan you want everything "Dark,Gritty and Edgy".

21 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Moderation 

Let’s remember there is a certain thread for certain discussions. 

BOT Staff

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 4

My guess is that Harley Quinn will get her own trilogy with Birds of Prey, Joker/Harley and Gotham City Sirens with the possibility of returning in a future Suicide Squad film. Harley Quinn won't be in Suicide Squad 2. Plus I'm sure Margot now has almost total control of the character and her vision of the character might clash with James Gunn's vision. Another possibility would be to give Harley a very reduced role in the sequel. As far as Joker in corcerned I don't understand why people keep acting like he's a Suicide Squad character. He's a Batman villain who happened to be in the film due to his connection to Harley. I seriously don't see what purpose Joker would serve in the sequel and the flashbacks of their relationship were done in the first film.

In my opinion they should keep Amanda Waller, Deadshot and Captain Boomerang. Everyone else can be rotated in the next 3 films (I'm assuming Warner Bros will let Gunn get a trilogy if he wants) and that keeps the films fresh and constantly introducing new characters. 

Also if Batista jumps ship I would love to see him as King Shark. Bane should he saved for a hispanic actor.

• Like 2

Still not officially confirmed but JC is directing as well.

“It’s terrible, isn’t it? Yeah, but oh well, guess what? He’s on a gig already. Suicide Squad, that’s right. He’s writing it and directing it as well,” Rooker said at the convention.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:50 PM, Heat Vision said:

My guess is that Harley Quinn will get her own trilogy with Birds of Prey, Joker/Harley and Gotham City Sirens with the possibility of returning in a future Suicide Squad film. Harley Quinn won't be in Suicide Squad 2. Plus I'm sure Margot now has almost total control of the character and her vision of the character might clash with James Gunn's vision. Another possibility would be to give Harley a very reduced role in the sequel. As far as Joker in corcerned I don't understand why people keep acting like he's a Suicide Squad character. He's a Batman villain who happened to be in the film due to his connection to Harley. I seriously don't see what purpose Joker would serve in the sequel and the flashbacks of their relationship were done in the first film.

In my opinion they should keep Amanda Waller, Deadshot and Captain Boomerang. Everyone else can be rotated in the next 3 films (I'm assuming Warner Bros will let Gunn get a trilogy if he wants) and that keeps the films fresh and constantly introducing new characters. 

Also if Batista jumps ship I would love to see him as King Shark. Bane should he saved for a hispanic actor.

why should name be saved for a Hispanic actor? surely he should be saved for someone who fits the part and not for a politically correct message.

35 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Barely a month after Batman is released? It is August and summer but even with those factors it seems they're release those films too close. 

I wouldn't be shocked if they move it to October 2021 just to give both film breathing room.

Sources say that Gunn’s focus is to take the franchise in a new direction with mostly an all-new cast of characters and actors. Sources also say that the project is also very much rooted in Gunn’s vibe, as seen in the Guardians movies.

i'm sure bautista will be a great killer croc.