kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

On 6/6/2017 at 0:09 AM, Cochofles said:

Is Harley going to be in this? Are they adding any other villains? I am partial to Killer Frost and Plastique...

Harley escaped at the end of Suicide Squad so I doubt she returns for the sequel. I wouldn't mind seeing Killer Frost become the main female lead. 

• Like 1

The Shallows Jaume Collet-Serra has emerged as frontrunner choice to direct Suicide Squad 2, the next installment of the 2016 Warner Bros DC film that grossed $745 million worldwide. The studio looked at a number of filmmakers — Mel Gibson among them — but sources said the studio is focused on Collet-Serra to take the reins of a franchise that has Will Smith, Margot Robbie back in the ensemble. The original, written and directed by David Ayer, was about a group of incorrigible jailbirds with special skills who were conscripted to fight terrible villains with the idea the heroes were expendable. The first film wasn’t a favorite of the fanboy crowd, but it a big global financial hit for the studio that left no doubt of future installments.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/suicide-squad-sequel-jaume-collet-warner-bros-will-smith-margot-robbie-1202126933/

Couldn't find the thread for the sequel, so I posted this.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if they're aiming for a 2019 release? Maybe November 2019 or perhaps June or August 2019 if The Batman doesn't get the summer slot. 

I think so. Right now don't they have only 1 movie scheduled for both 2018 and 2019. That is too slow. Am sure 2019 will have at least 2 DCEU releases. This could be it. The gap between sequels is perfect.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if they're aiming for a 2019 release? Maybe November 2019 or perhaps June or August 2019 if The Batman doesn't get the summer slot. 

Thr said they're looking at a mid 2018 start date. 

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think so. Right now don't they have only 1 movie scheduled for both 2018 and 2019. That is too slow. Am sure 2019 will have at least 2 DCEU releases. This could be it. The gap between sequels is perfect.

2019 has three TBA DC films on the 5th April, 14th June and 1st November. I expect one of those is The Batman, the other is SS2 and either GCS or Batgirl.

• Like 1

WB has 3 dates in 2019

4/5/19

6/14/19

11/1/19

So Suicide Squad 2 and 2 others ... I'd guess The Batman and either Batgirl, Justice League Dark or if they find a director before Zmeckis ... Flash .  (I know Shazam was penciled in for 4/19, but we know that's likely not the case anymore)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

2019 has three TBA DC films on the 5th April, 14th June and 1st November. I expect one of those is The Batman, the other is SS2 and either GCS or Batgirl.

I think it was either going to be Suicide Squad 2 or GCS ... properties would feel too similar to release both in 2019, so better to push another Harley centric film to another year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

WB has 3 dates in 2019

4/5/19

6/14/19

11/1/19

So Suicide Squad 2 and 2 others ... I'd guess The Batman and either Batgirl, Justice League Dark or if they find a director before Zmeckis ... Flash .  (I know Shazam was penciled in for 4/19, but we know that's likely not the case anymore)

I wouldn't be surprised if WB moves the November film to 15th November so they have the mid November slot and to scare off Fox who have a X-Men spin-off a week later. I could also see them claiming the first weekend of August if they decide to have SS2 in the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

This seems like the perfect sort of director for these studio-guided tentpoles: he knows what he's doing, he can bring a certain amount of verve and style, and he's not gonna cause a ton of trouble. 

He's also not writing the script which will be a big help

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

12 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

WB has 3 dates in 2019

4/5/19

6/14/19

11/1/19

Can all 3 films of 2019 be from the Batman sub-universe? Wonder if WB tries to mix things up. (I don't really mind it, am fan of the Bat-uni)

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Can all 3 films of 2019 be from the Batman sub-universe? Wonder if WB tries to mix things up. (I don't really mind it, am fan of the Bat-uni)

2019 is Batman's 80th anniversary so they'll want at least one Batman film

• Like 1