kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Busy Christmas? Cruella? Unless something from the summer gets delayed, it's completely empty right now. Maybe Masters of The Universe, but that sounds like bomb city.

oh yes I forgot avatar got delayed.

And yes Cruella will be big and theres West Side Story plus supposedly two other major untitled releases. Although one is WB so if Dune went there would be swapped presumably

Just now, WittyUsername said:

If King Shark is one of the protagonists of this movie, they might as well give it an R-rating. 

it won't make that sweet, sweet Christmas money with an R rating though

On 5/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, Jake Gittes said:

I imagine it could pull off a Tron Legacy kinda run. It'd leave that December without a truly massive tentpole but a little more room to breathe never hurt anybody. But this is premature talk anyway.

As a fellow member of the Chalamet fan club, you musn't be afraid to dream a little bit bigger darling.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Are we getting Sicario Del Toro or Guardians/Star Wars Del Toro? I mean, both are great, but also such different flavors

The character break down said he was a "irascible old warrior who lives for war."

Which many are taking to mean he's playing Vandal Savage, who doesn't do comedy.

2 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

The character break down said he was a "irascible old warrior who lives for war."

Which many are taking to mean he's playing Vandal Savage, who doesn't do comedy.

Ohhhhh man, a Del Toro Vandal Savage would be so bad-ass.

It’s funny how we know more about this movie than we do about Matt Reeves’ Batman, even though that movie is theoretically coming out before this.

Seriously though, can we not have Harley Quinn in this movie or anything else ever again?

• ...wtf 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

It’s funny how we know more about this movie than we do about Matt Reeves’ Batman, even though that movie is theoretically coming out before this.

Seriously though, can we not have Harley Quinn in this movie or anything else ever again?

This starts shooting four months before Batman. This is probably being pushed up.

Also, if James Gunn wants to use Quinn I don't see why that's so bad. Birds of Prey looks bad, but this isn't being written by David Ayer or the writer of Unforgettable.

Just now, TMP said:

This starts shooting four months before Batman. This is probably being pushed up.

Also, if James Gunn wants to use Quinn I don't see why that's so bad. Birds of Prey looks bad, but this isn't being written by David Ayer or the writer of Unforgettable.

Harley Quinn is a horribly misogynistic and obnoxious concept for a character. If James Gunn is as progressive as he claims, he shouldn’t go near that awful character. It baffles me how any self proclaimed feminist could look at a character like Harley Quinn and not be offended by it. 

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Harley Quinn is a horribly misogynistic and obnoxious concept for a character. If James Gunn is as progressive as he claims, he shouldn’t go near that awful character. It baffles me how any self proclaimed feminist could look at a character like Harley Quinn and not be offended by it. 

Women can have complex characters too. I mean, Gillian Flynn made an entire career out of writing them. Just because Harley Quinn started out as a regressive character doesn't mean she's bound to be one for every appearance she makes; M'Baku is literally called "Man Ape" in the comics, and he turned out to be a highlight in the Black Panther movie. Robbie's a great actress and Gunn wrote/directed two of the best films in the MCU. Hell, Nebula's one of the most complex characters in the MCU and Gunn wrote her. 

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Women can have complex characters too. I mean, Gillian Flynn made an entire career out of writing them. Just because Harley Quinn started out as a regressive character doesn't mean she's bound to be one for every appearance she makes; M'Baku is literally called "Man Ape" in the comics, and he turned out to be a highlight in the Black Panther movie. Robbie's a great actress and Gunn wrote/directed two of the best films in the MCU. Hell, Nebula's one of the most complex characters in the MCU and Gunn wrote her. 

The thing is, even though the New 52 made some effort in giving the character her own identity and independence, people still complained about how sexist those comics were for giving her skimpy outfits. These people don’t seem to realize that Harley Quinn was literally conceived for no reason other than to move a cake, but regardless, that just goes to show that there is no winning with Harley Quinn. Her backstory is intrinsically tied to her being the Joker’s submissive trophy wife. If Batman: The Animated Series had been written today, I’m pretty sure Bruce Timm and Paul Dini would be rightfully called out for creating a character like Harley Quinn. People just have nostalgia goggles when it comes to the DCAU.