kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Probably depends on how filming goes and what they think of it. 

It's not gonna be super VFX heavy, especially if it's R rated. King Shark's mo-cap but the main threat sounds a lot more grounded

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm pretty sure they won't be filming in Atlanta. Wouldn't it be a bad look for them to film Atlanta right now (with the abortion laws and stuff)?

I think all studios said they will continue filming until there's a settlement about the law. The abortion laws cannot be enforced yet because SCOTUS laws supercede them, if this goes to SCOTUS and the law is upheld, that's when they are saying they will exit.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's not gonna be super VFX heavy, especially if it's R rated. King Shark's mo-cap but the main threat sounds a lot more grounded

Sounds like that ya, I guess we’ll see how it goes and what they have planned but it does seem strange to film this early for a release date that far away.

The only other thing I’m thinking is maybe this is how it was planned the whole time with Disney and WB kinda working together with Gunn so he could do one film after another and still leave space to finish vfx etc, this scenario doesn’t seem likely but who knows right. 

• Like 1

Some I can remember:

Cinderella’s principal photography began in September 2013, almost 18 months before release, and wrapped in May 2014 (right around the time the first, completely footage-less teaser dropped in front of Maleficent).

Thor: Ragnarok’s principal photography was far enough in advance that they could use a scene as Doctor Strange’s post-credit.

Batman v Superman had footage ready to show at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con, a little under 1 year and 8 months before it hit theaters.

Lord of the Rings’ principal photography started over two years before Fellowship was released, and completed a year before release.

And of course, Avengers: Endgame wrapped principal in January 2018, before Captain Marvel even started filming.

Edited by TServo2049

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It's not that unusual for a studio to film something way in advance for VFX or casting reasons. Tom and Jerry and Space Jam 2 are filming this summer and not being released until 2021 for example.

I don’t see any reason why this would need to be a VFX heavy movie. 

19 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

...it’s a comic book movie which rumor has it will co-star a talking shark man. It’s gonna have copious VFX.

GotG had a talking tree and raccoon, as well as big space battles and alien environments. It didn’t require nearly two years of VFX work...

Sure sounds like Deadshot redux to me; same plot point, with the daughter in a significant role.  Whoever Elba is playing was clearly originally written as a Deadshot reprise. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1