kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

17 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Can all 3 films of 2019 be from the Batman sub-universe? Wonder if WB tries to mix things up. (I don't really mind it, am fan of the Bat-uni)

The Batman has to come out in 2019 they can't afford to push it further down the line. If SS2 is the second 2019 movie then for the 3rd spot...

- I don't think could be Batgirl because Whedon is busy with JL and in addition he will write the script for Batgirl himself.

- Gotham City Sirens seems similar to Suicide Squad.

- Could be Nightwing or Man of Steel 2 or even The Flash if they found a director and they finished and agreed on a damn script!!!

- Could Shazam come out of nowhere? David Sandberg was announced few months back as the director so they have that issue locked.

Edited by stephanos13
  • Like 1

Yea I think the 3 movies in 2019 will be: GCS, SS2 and The Batman. Whedon probably won't have enough time to get a script ready for 2019 for Batgirl, besides all those movies were announced and further along in development than a Batgirl movie was announced with Whedon.

11 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

The Batman has to come out in 2019 they can't afford to push it further down the line. If SS2 is the second 2019 movie then for the 3rd spot...

- I don't think could be Batgirl because Whedon is busy with JL and in addition he will write the script for Batgirl himself.

- Gotham City Sirens seems similar to Suicide Squad.

- Could be Nightwing or Man of Steel 2 or even The Flash if they found a director and they finished and agreed on a damn script!!!

- Could Shazam come out of nowhere? David Sandberg was announced few months back as the director so they have that issue locked.

Considering Quinn will appear in both SS and GCS they will try to overlap the scheduling I guess, and release them not more than 1 year apart.

Things getting too crowded! Too little time and too many movies. WW2 will release by 2021 too.

So 3 female SH films - Batgirl, WW2, GCS will come in 2020/2021 if 2019 has neither of them.

I did prefer GCS in 2019 and SS2 in 2020 (along with Batgirl and WW2).

Shazam in 2021.

EDIT: I didn't care much for SS and don't care much for SS2. I thought Quinn in GCS will be all the mojo they extract out of SS, and leave SS2 for the future.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Considering Quinn will appear in both SS and GCS they will try to overlap the scheduling I guess, and release them not more than 1 year apart.

Things getting too crowded! Too little time and too many movies. WW2 will release by 2021 too.

So 3 female SH films - Batgirl, WW2, GCS will come in 2020/2021 if 2019 has neither of them.

Shazam in 2021.

EDIT: I didn't care much for SS and don't care much for SS2. I thought Quinn in GCS will be all the mojo they extract out of SS, and leave SS2 for the future.

I'm thinking one movie in Spring - GCS, Batgirl or SS2. One in Summer - Batman (no way WB waits any longer than 2019 to get The Batman out. Most likely the July 2019 WB slot). One in Winter - Wonder Woman 2 in the Fantastic Beasts/DC alternating November slot. I am open to them switching Batman and Wonder Woman if needed because Frozen 2 is in November 2019 and they might decide that Wonder Woman and Frozen have overlapping demos. But with both WW2 and Batman, 2019 seems like when they will arrive.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Shazam in 2021.

That's why I think, the reports saying WB and DC want 3 movies a year its true. They have too many movies in development and without having 3 movies a year then will be a mess.

In my previous post I didn't include Green Lantern Corps, Cyborg (could become a Titans movie in the end), Black Adam and WW2. And the 2nd Justice League movie of course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I'm thinking one movie in Spring - GCS, Batgirl or SS2. One in Summer - Batman (no way WB waits any longer than 2019 to get The Batman out. Most likely the July 2019 WB slot). One in Winter - Wonder Woman 2 in the Fantastic Beasts/DC alternating November slot. I am open to them switching Batman and Wonder Woman if needed because Frozen 2 is in November 2019 and they might decide that Wonder Woman and Frozen have overlapping demos. But with both WW2 and Batman, 2019 seems like when they will arrive.

I wouldn't be surprised if WB wants WW2 for summer 2020, perhaps July 17th or July 24th.

Batman in November could work but I wonder if WB wants Batman for summer 2019. June 14th or July 26th could work or even August. 

I haven't followed comics books much and didn't even know Suicide Squad was a thing before the marketing started...so forgive the silliness of the question :lol: : Is it possible that the trio of GCS makes an appearance in SS2, and SS2 pretty much is the same as GCS? or is SS's universe completely different and rich enough to do it's own thing?

1 hour ago, AdamKendall said:

WB has 3 dates in 2019

4/5/19

6/14/19

11/1/19

So Suicide Squad 2 and 2 others ... I'd guess The Batman and either Batgirl, Justice League Dark or if they find a director before Zmeckis ... Flash .  (I know Shazam was penciled in for 4/19, but we know that's likely not the case anymore)

Why do we know Shazam isn't going to be 2019?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

I haven't followed comics books much and didn't even know Suicide Squad was a thing before the marketing started...so forgive the silliness of the question :lol: : Is it possible that the trio of GCS makes an appearance in SS2, and SS2 pretty much is the same as GCS? or is SS's universe completely different and rich enough to do it's own thing?

It's possible but I don't think is going to happen.

In Gotham City Sirens there are 2 scenarios:

1) Harley Quinn, Catwoman & Poison Ivy Vs heroes from Gotham (Black Canary and Batgirl)

2) Harley Quinn, Catwoman & Poison Ivy Vs a Batman villain (probably Joker)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdamKendall said:

WB has 3 dates in 2019

4/5/19

6/14/19

11/1/19

So Suicide Squad 2 and 2 others ... I'd guess The Batman and either Batgirl, Justice League Dark or if they find a director before Zmeckis ... Flash .  (I know Shazam was penciled in for 4/19, but we know that's likely not the case anymore)

I don't see how the Flash doesn't take one of those spots. They got a script and 3 cast members already

Edited by DlAMONDZ

4 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Why do we know Shazam isn't going to be 2019?

Because we've literally heard next to nothing about the property since 2014 ... Dwayne Johnson just randomly mentions Black Adam every once in a while and then moves on to film another of his million scheduled films.

2 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I don't see how the Flash doesn't take one of those spots. The script got a page one re-write and have 3 cast members already

If they don't want to hold out for Zmeckis, I would agree.

We'll have to see if any more progress towards Vaughn or MAYBE Lord/Miller comes up before the end of 2017.

My guess for schedule for DC would be:

12/21/2018 - Aquaman

4/5/2019 - SS2/GCS

7/26/2019 or 8/2 - The Batman or SS2

11/1/2019, 11/15/2019 or 11/22/2019 - The Batman, Wonder Woman 2 

4/3/2020 - Cyborg or Batgirl or The Flash

7/17/2020 or 7/24/2020 - Wonder Woman 2

10/23/2020 - Justice League Dark

2/12/2021 - Black Adam/Shazam

7/16/2021 or 7/23/2021- Justice League 2 or Aquaman 2

11/19/2021 - Aquaman 2 or Justice League 2 

Edited by Jonwo

2 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Because we've literally heard next to nothing about the property since 2014 ... Dwayne Johnson just randomly mentions Black Adam every once in a while and then moves on to film another of his million scheduled films.

But we have heard quite a bit about it, the trades have run stories on a director and writers. We've had various producers talking about it. The movie tentatively slotted for 2 years from now, we aren't going to be hearing stuff about it every week.

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

My guess for schedule for DC would be:

12/21/2018 - Aquaman

4/5/2019 - SS2/GCS

7/26/2019 or 8/2 - The Batman or SS2

11/1/2019, 11/15/2019 or 11/22/2019 - The Batman, Wonder Woman 2 

4/3/2020 - Cyborg or Batgirl or The Flash

7/17/2020 or 7/24/2020 - Wonder Woman 2

10/23/2020 - Justice League Dark

12/2/2021 - Black Adam/Shazam

7/16/2021 or 7/23/2021- Justice League 2 or Aquaman 2

11/19/2021 - Aquaman 2 or Justice League 2 

You are missing Man of Steel 2, Green Lantern Corps and alternative date for GCS.

Also Justice League Dark may not be connected to DCEU and is produced by New Line.

Edited by stephanos13

Just now, stephanos13 said:

You are missing Man of Steel 2, Green Lantern Corps, Shazam and alternative date for GCS.

Also Justice League Dark may not be connected to DCEU and is produced by New Line.

They're pretty much guesses TBH we don't know how far things are in development. JLD is produced by WB whereas Black Adam/Shazam will be New Line

• Like 1