kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Tarantino has used Leo a few times. SLJ. 

This guy is hiring his brother’s girlfriend. And his brother. 

You mean Sean Gunn, the guy who is in all his movies? And his WIFE is not listed, Natasha Halevi.

A ton of directors hire their siblings if their siblings are actors. Hell, Anthony Russo drags his brother everywhere and pretends his brother is a director.

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

You mean Sean Gunn, the guy who is in all his movies? And his WIFE is not listed, Natasha Halevi.

A ton of directors hire their siblings if their siblings are actors. Hell, Anthony Russo drags his brother everywhere and pretends his brother is a director.

ANd Russo cast his daughter as Hawkeye's daughter in "Endgame" …

And let's not forget Ron Howard whose about the only director who will employ his brother Clint...

59 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

I’m gonna side with Ayer here. 

Nothing Ehrlich wrote there was new, interesting or clever. His post is spiteful

I write this as a person who really disliked that movie. 

Ehrlich is just a certifed pretentious asshole. Makes it five times worse because he thinks being an asshole is a personality.

Like i didnt like suicide squad, but its been three years. Leave it alone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

David Ayer getting constantly bullied and personally attacked by "professional" journalists because he made a bad movie. While pedophiles get forgiveness and unlimited support. That's the world we live in. 

Nah, that's just the world you live in. The same world where making pedo jokes is the same as being a pedo. Oh, also the same world where Snyder is seen as God.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TestPattern said:

Who was in the wrong here?

17 hours ago, Mr Terrific said:

I’m gonna side with Ayer here. 

Nothing Ehrlich wrote there was new, interesting or clever. His post is spiteful

I write this as a person who really disliked that movie. 

I am not siding with either.

Ehrlich was over the top, but I did not like Ayer's "How dare anybody criticise my film" attitude.

14 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

I didn’t like the first one either (it was awful, actually). But Erlich has chronically bad movie takes and this one was worded in a really unnecessarily cutting way for a public forum.

Erlich is a total jerk, but IMHO Ayer should have just ignored it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I hope this garbage bombs. Disappointed that Viola Davis and Margot Robbie would associate themselves with this type of person.

Wow. Just Wow.

To begin with, Robbie and David were under contact to do the film before Gunn was hired. They had no choice in the matter. If you are going to blast anybody, blast DC for Hiring Gunn.

Of course I think it was a no brainer for DC to grab Gunn to do Suicide Squad when he became available after Marvel (temporarily) dropped him; SS is just the kind of film that Gunn can do so well.

I still thing the real reason you are so angry is not the accusations against Gunn, but that Gunn made two big hit films for Marvel Studios, and you hate anybody and anything connected with Marvel with a passion.

And I rememeber when, a couple of weeks before JL opened, Affleck was accused of actions just like those Gunn was accused of, and you made a whole bunch of posts about those accusations should not be held against JL and how we needed to "understand" Affleck's problems.......

So don't blast us when we accord the same to Gunn.