kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

11 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Looks like Chinese to me.

And it can get a release in Taiwan and HK even if censored in China.

Taiwan, possible... Hong Kong...well...China is quickly swallowing them up, so who knows? 

The above highlighted logo is Japanese. 

Yeah. 自殺突擊隊 (Zìsha tújí duì) is Chinese for "Suicide Commando Unit". The Japanese name for the Suicide Squad is スーサイド・スクワッド (Suusaido Sukuwaddo), which is literally just the English name in Japanese syllables. 

自殺突撃隊 (Jisatsu Totsugekitai) would be the Japanese equivalent to the Chinese name, but as far as I found out, this isn't used. It uses mostly the same characters, except the fourth is subtly different.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, stracki said:

Yeah. 自殺突擊隊 (Zìsha tújí duì) is Chinese for "Suicide Commando Unit". The Japanese name for the Suicide Squad is スーサイド・スクワッド (Suusaido Sukuwaddo), which is literally just the English name in Japanese syllables. 

自殺突撃隊 (Jisatsu Totsugekitai) would be the Japanese equivalent to the Chinese name, but as far as I found out, this isn't used. It uses mostly the same characters, except the fourth is subtly different.

Thank you.

And still hoping for a chinese release but it will be a bit difficult.