kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

24 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The guy's an influencer, not a critic. He's paid to hype up movies, which is why even his most critical tweets are positive.

He's the chief of Fandango. It's not in his best interest to tell people a movie isn't good.

Look. we all know about Early Reactions, but there's also an art to reading them.  It's not that hard to read between the lines and tell how something will likely be reviewed once the... less-excitable folks get a hold of it.

Can't say this will be a critical darling.  It probably won't.  On the other hand, can probably say it'll at least be certified fresh and be above the 80 RT line marker. 

(the key is everybody going on and on about how much heart the film allegedly has)

Still, have been burned by early reactions before.  On the other hand, buzz is buzz and it'd be silly to ignore the first wave of buzz, even if we temper expectations a tad.

• Like 1

The trailers have been down right terrible in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who has Suicide Squad in their top 3 DCEU movies so far. I hope it's great, but I'm not holding my breath.