kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

1 hour ago, Wormow said:

The trailers have been down right terrible in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who has Suicide Squad in their top 3 DCEU movies so far. I hope it's great, but I'm not holding my breath.

You may have thought this would help accentuate just how terrible you think the trailers are, but I can assure you it only makes it seem like the trailers have actually been really great. 

:sparta:

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Wormow said:

The trailers have been down right terrible in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who has Suicide Squad in their top 3 DCEU movies so far. I hope it's great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Trailers have been good, what you playing at?

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Look. we all know about Early Reactions, but there's also an art to reading them.  It's not that hard to read between the lines and tell how something will likely be reviewed once the... less-excitable folks get a hold of it.

Can't say this will be a critical darling.  It probably won't.  On the other hand, can probably say it'll at least be certified fresh and be above the 80 RT line marker. 

(the key is everybody going on and on about how much heart the film allegedly has)

Still, have been burned by early reactions before.  On the other hand, buzz is buzz and it'd be silly to ignore the first wave of buzz, even if we temper expectations a tad.

Considering how early this was shown, I’m willing to believe WB is confident in it. When was the last time a spandex film did this similarly early and it completely backfire? Apocalypse?

Worst case situation, it’s another GOTGV2 (remember the “heart” tweets.) I know some folks hate that, but that’s still an upgrade over the first SS.

26 minutes ago, Chicago said:

An influencer? I call that someone who doesn't want a real job 

Considering how much some of them rake in, who can blame them for not keeping a “real” job?

20 minutes ago, RRA said:

Considering how much some of them rake in, who can blame them for not keeping a “real” job?

I blame the idiots that follow them. 

Its amazing how out of all the movies I've seen about the future, Idiocracy is the one that's coming true

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RRA said:

Considering how early this was shown, I’m willing to believe WB is confident in it. When was the last time a spandex film did this similarly early and it completely backfire? Apocalypse?

Worst case situation, it’s another GOTGV2 (remember the “heart” tweets.) I know some folks hate that, but that’s still an upgrade over the first SS.

WB is confident, 100% sure

This year Warner start to use different embargo dates for different countries and very close to release.

Only 2 movies was actually screened weeks before release and get reactions very early, In The Heights and Suicide Squad.

6 hours ago, RRA said:

Another GOTGV2 is best case scenario for me lol

Fucking adore that movie

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like this was screened for writers for some larger publications in New York earlier today.

I saw some reactions when I got off work, I think there’s another screening as well tonight. 

WB is certainly confident in the quality of this movie. I also haven’t heard anything about bad test screenings for this like with WW84, although I’m not sure how many test screenings this movie could’ve realistically had during the pandemic. 

As I said before, I’m sure the critics on Rotten Tomatoes will respond well to this movie. I’m just not sure if that’s going to be enough the save the movie at the box office. The hype seems pretty muted for this. 

8 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Of course they’re confident in the quality. That was never in doubt. It’s the box office where concern lies. A major comic book movie with this level of reception shouldn’t be tracking as low as this is. 

It’s like the exact reverse of the first film.

Huge box office hit but terrible reviews. 

• Like 1