kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

Because Snyder cult members like you will refuse to believe any numbers they release. They can say it flopped in viewership and release full numbers and you will go "They are lying", there is no incentive to release any numbers and just keep moving forward instead.

The fans who keep spamming "Restore the Snyderverse" are the single biggest bunch of losers stuck in the past, a past which the GA rejected in a big way. Thanks to Snyder, the DC properties have to fight back from the bottom. Good riddance to him and the cult, the rest of the fanbase and the GA will move forward and let you and other folk stay stuck in 2017 all the time. Enjoy it there.

As much as I love MoS, it was BvS where Snyder needed to deliver in a big way and the moment he didn't, there should have been a pivot. Snyder has put the universe in a place where a reboot is necessary, but his cult refuses to listen to reason.

The Snyder Cult has been baffling yet surprisingly passionate. To their credit, it was them that got the Extended Cut made and as someone who just assumed the Snyder version must have been bad for Whedon to basically remake it, I was so surprised that it managed to not only be an improvement, but also quite enjoyable.

I know Snyder has essentially tarnished the franchise which now needs a reboot but given the circumstances that led to his departure from JL, I think it's nice he got to finish his project and have the craziest of fans to support him along the way. 

4 hours ago, TheCinephile said:

Completely wrong. Sorry, but do some research. It was #1 on the U.K sales chart four times when it was released as a rental/buy. It was watched by over ten million people worldwide in the first 45 days of release. And it wasn’t marketed except by Snyder. WB tried to sabotage it by leaking it and it still found an audience. It was also over 3 hours and 45 minutes long. People are asking for it to continue on hbo max as it’s own universe but wb execs are losers and only care about their egos. That’s the truth. Why not release the streaming numbers if it was a failure? It wasn’t. That’s why WB won’t say a word about it. We could even have a series based on Snyder’s films but wb is stupid. 

The beauty of this post is that I truly don't know if this is parody.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Didn’t Zack Snyder just sign a first look deal with Netflix? Those followers need to move on. 

They don't want to accept that the only things they have to look forward to are Army of The Dead spin-offs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, TMP said:

Quinn is a lot of fun, but I feel like it's pretty hard to argue that Watchmen on HBO wasn't the best thing DC's produced in the last 10 years

My mistake, crazy how I forgot about Watchmen. I stand corrected, you are right.

11 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

We don’t know at this point if there is a game plan for this franchise, and we likely won’t know until the Flash movie is released at the earliest. 

If you ask me, I would much rather WB just scrap everything connected to this universe and only do standalone film series from here on out, but I guess they don’t want to lose Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa. 

I feel like they’re already trying to drop the MCU-like continuity even in their films with characters established by Snyder’s films. WW84 actively seems to contradict BvS and JL at points, Aquaman doesn’t really reference anything (plus, no oxygen bubbles), and Shazam only really makes cheeky references to characters, not events. They could easily spin them all off and forget the past without purposefully destroying the past that Snyder set up with reboots, I doubt anybody but the hardcore Snyder fans will be sat there wondering where Darkseid is.

Just like I maintain that there’s only going to be a relative handful of people who watch TSS wondering where the Joker is.

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

The Suicide Squad thread,The Suicide Squad thread,The Suicide Squad thread,The Suicide Squad thread,The Suicide Squad thread...

Marketing has started here. I’m getting social media ads now with the UK critic reviews. 

• Like 1

Just watched Kimmel with a guest host from yesterday. Gunn, Robbie and Cena was there (as Peacemaker himself) and it is crazy fun. I am a big fan of Gunn and I throughly believe this might be his biggest superhero film yet, it does feel like he nailed the right groove for the Suicide Squad, just like he did with Guardians of the Galaxy on Marvel Studios. 

I’m so psyched for this film, I just hope Discovery Warner are savvy enough to give people in Brazil an option to at least rent the film on demand day and date with the release in North America. Films like Godzilla vs. Kong and Mortal Kombat weren’t given that option, unlike Zack Snyder’s Justice League and WW84. 

The future definitely looks bright for the DC shared universe, let’s hope that Gunn’s break is short lived after Vol. 3, if there is one person right to spearhead the DC cinematic universe forward, that’s Gunn, not Reeves or Abrams. Hell, give him Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad next. 

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Marketing has started here. I’m getting social media ads now with the UK critic reviews. 

I'm actually quite excited for it. Its the first movie out this year that's really enticing me to go to the cinema. AQP2 doesn't count because my partner wanted to watch that

15 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

There it is. The first explicit mention of Starro for this movie. Not that it's much of a shocker to some comic fans who've been paying attention to the trailers.

I take it that you missed the part in the latest trailer where King Shark gets thrown around by a giant kaiju sized starfish?

Apparently WB/Gunn aren’t allowing media/critics to speak to the cast etc unless they attend an in person screening. I’m sure this is going to end well lol. Pretty dumb if you ask me, no reason not to give options to people with Covid still not under control. 

Edited by cax16

14 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Apparently WB/Gunn aren’t allowing media/critics to speak to the cast etc unless they attend an in person screening. I’m sure this is going to end well lol. Pretty dumb if you ask me, no reason not to give options to people with Covid still not under control. 

If they dont like it then they can stay at home.

Those press junket 'journalist' are always pressed about something. Remember when they "took a stand" against Disney by not reviewing New Mutants because Disney didnt provide screenings even though we all knew Disney was just trying to hide the movie?

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

If they dont like it then they can stay at home.

Those press junket 'journalist' are always pressed about something. Remember when they "took a stand" against Disney by not reviewing New Mutants because Disney didnt provide screenings even though we all knew Disney was just trying to hide the movie?

I agree with you that they’re always mad about stuff but it does seem logical to offer digital screeners cause they’ve been doing that all throughout the pandemic. I know Gunn wants everyone to see it in Imax but I think options are better especially cause it’s being released on Max as well. It is what it is though, it’s WB/Gunns decision I guess.