kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

I take it that you missed the part in the latest trailer where King Shark gets thrown around by a giant kaiju sized starfish?

I said "explicitly mentioned". Of course I noticed the starfish from the trailers. I'm just pointing out how they never revealed its true name until now. They called him Project Starfish or something.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

47 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

They did something similar with BoP. They waited until 2/3 days before release to lift the embargo. A lof of people thought WB was trying to hide it

Review embargo dropping eight days before release isn't comparable at all, IMO.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

James, John Cena and Margot were on Kimmel. Not often the director is sent out on the promo tour. But he seems really passionate about it. Says it’s his favourite project, cast and film he’s ever done. 

They should get them on the Graham Norton show

8 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

They did something similar with BoP. They waited until 2/3 days before release to lift the embargo. A lof of people thought WB was trying to hide it

They probably should have hidden it if we are being honest

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see why they don’t lift the review embargo now. Why not let word of mouth spread as early as possible?

Because you risk hype peaking long before the movie actually comes out. The Internet Age and Peak Content era we live in today means trends and interest moves very quickly and things get lost in the shuffle. If you put reviews up too early, like In the Heights did, it'll get washed away from all the other movie news and people will forget about the movie coming out in a couple weeks.

• Like 4

Anyone know if this movie will keep its IMAX screens on its second week and share them with Free Guy, or do all those screens go exclusively to Free Guy? I know this was shot on IMAX certified cameras so I'm hoping it gets some priority (I won't be able to watch it on its opening week).

36 minutes ago, belblazer said:

It received pretty good reviews and more than a year after its release it's still getting positive reviews and increasing its % on RT. What are you trying to say?

Yeah sorry I though it was panned by critics aswell as audiences. I was mistaken 

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

James, John Cena and Margot were on Kimmel. Not often the director is sent out on the promo tour. But he seems really passionate about it. Says it’s his favourite project, cast and film he’s ever done. 

Everyone says this...all the time.  It's the standard PR statement lately.  Everything's awesome...until the next awesome thing.  No flack meant, just leveling the playing field.  This is all part of the game of promotion.

Edited by Macleod

46 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Everyone says this...all the time.  It's the standard PR statement lately.  Everything's awesome...until the next awesome thing.  No flack meant, just leveling the playing field.  This is all part of the game of promotion.

I get the impression he means it, since he was given complete freedom here to do exactly what he wants. 

Birds of Prey is great and seems to have gained a fan base since it’s release. It’s still top 20 here on the home chart.