kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

On 7/25/2021 at 4:38 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I don’t think WB disrespected anyone’s talents. They went overboard with BVS and JL when they shouldn’t have been so impulsive after MOS. And they still granted Snyder resources to finish his cut. Obviously in hindsight, Whedon’s hiring was a mistake but I understand the sentiment behind decision. They were worried about BVS performance and their own poor studio behavior.

After Endgame, I feel closure with MCU and more excited for DC’s “experimental” approach. Ironic since I don’t even like Joker, Aquaman or Shazam but I’d rather they gamble on something unconnected to larger shared universe. Really enjoyed BOP and Suicide Squad looks fun. 

After this movie the only DC project I’m looking forward to is The Batman.

16 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

It’s weird because like I said, I’m excited for more solo stand-alones but the next few DC movies except Batman.. are not lol. Maybe Black Adam will surprise? Too bad Batgirl isn’t hitting theaters 

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

It’s weird how considering the people involved it should be good and yet I’ve been left cold by what we’ve seen so far. Maybe I’m just burned out on Batman?

I remembered that it had its first séance today in France (14h) and therefore should have some reviews. Et voilà ;):
TSS has at allocine.fr 6 reviews so far (in the end the films normally have 20-35) with an average of 4/5 (and French critics are pretty harsh IMO, e.g. The Father and Nomadland both had 4/5).

The so far only quite negative review is from Le Monde which rated it 2/5 (but BW also had a bad one).
Le Figaro and Le Point both rated TSS 4/5 (Suicide Squad 2016 had 1/5 from both of them) and
one of the two 5/5 reviews is from Ecran Large (which also gave the 2016 film only 1/5). 
Of course Idk if the reviews will stay so positive but it's a good start.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2