kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

1 minute ago, elcaballero said:

Count me in on the weak marketing train. WB has done very little to differentiate this from the last one, imo, except for highlighting James Gunn's name.

They waited too long to put "From the director of GOTG" in their trailers. The GA doesn't know who Gunn is or his "horribly beautiful mind".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Count me in on the weak marketing train. WB has done very little to differentiate this from the last one, imo, except for highlighting James Gunn's name.

This movie had a Red Band trailer. That’s a pretty big differentiation. 

14 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Personally I think it’s looked like the polar opposite: light, fun and violent as opposed to the 2016 one that seemed like a music video that took itself too seriously.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The one rotten review has been changed to a fresh, so suddenly back to 100%

I did wonder, when I read the EW it reads as positive then had a C+ at the bottom of it. I did mention this afew pages back. Glad it’s been rectified. 

• Like 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

I did wonder, when I read the EW it reads as positive then had a C+ at the bottom of it. I did mention this afew pages back. Glad it’s been rectified. 

Yeah I also thought the review read like a positive one more than a negative, despite the C+ rating which is a bit of a middle-ground area.