kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

On 17/11/2017 at 7:08 AM, dudalb said:

I agree that DC really needs to take an ax to their schedule...which was always overly ambitious IMHO...but SS 1, despite not being very good,made a lot of money.

Naturally they will keep SS2.

THey might also have a "Play or Pay" on the Margot Robbie contract and without her you don't have a SS2 movie.

I agree that any movie related to Harley Quinn will remain unaffected. I also think the SKWAD franchise can do without her. Headline it with Smith, Davis, bring in Johnson and maybe a Latino actor or two like Eugenio Derbez, Diego Luna, Michelle Rodriguez or Rosario Dawson (she's already the voice of Wonder Woman in the direct to video cartoons) and craft it as the Fast & Furious equivalent of DC with superpowers instead of cars. Robbie could then focus on Gotham City Sirens or that Leto co-starrer if they insist on doing it (admittedly there's money in a Harley + Joker movie done right too so personal tastes aside, it is an understandable and inevitable decision).

Having said that, I'll be surprised if she isn't in this movie.

Edited by Spidey Freak

This is the one DC movie(besides the ones already fully confirmed) that is certainly still getting made. They'll think very carefully about how to make it "safe" but after what the first one grossed there's no reason not to make a sequel.

There's no way in hell Harley Quinn won't be in it, she was the main money-maker from the first one, they're not that dumb. They'll do everything to make sure of that.

Let's just hope this one is actually better.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This is the one DC movie(besides the ones already fully confirmed) that is certainly still getting made. They'll think very carefully about how to make it "safe" but after what the first one grossed there's no reason not to make a sequel.

There's no way in hell Harley Quinn won't be in it, she was the main money-maker from the first one, they're not that dumb. They'll do everything to make sure of that.

If they can secure a China date for this then no reason it can't make as much or even more than the first.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

14 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

No matter what, this one is going to drop domestically and possibly worldwide.

Of course, but if it's any good and with more time to actually develop the script, it will have a lower OW but could see decent enough legs. Of course, if you're the studio you will want to keep the budget in check.

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I really like The Accountant but it's not like it has a huge following or anything like that, reception to the movie seems mixed from my perspective

Doesn't need a following, just talking about O'Connor as being a solid director. But you're right, critics were mixed on it, 5.7/10 rating, though it has a 7.4/10 on IMDb. Point is, he's given time to work on the script (vs. the 6 weeks on the first movie) since this isn't even going into production until Fall 2018 perhaps even later.

15 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Hard to say. Reviews were shit but legs were decent.

That's the dead giveaway that it actually hit off fine with a certain part of the audience(big part too) so its sequel should do fine, even if it diminishes a bit it's hard to see it going lower than 2/3rds of the first one unless they manage to make a movie that turns off the audience that actually gave the first one its fine legs even after its big OW and I doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 4:24 PM, Arlborn said:

Actually I think this might be the only movie to actually have some street cred in overseas markets.