kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

Just now, cax16 said:

Is it your goal to get thread banned in every dc thread? Lol 

It's a genuine question though. His more passionate franchise where he directed 2 movies prior should hold more interest to him than SS 2. 

Just now, DMan7 said:

It's a genuine question though. His more passionate franchise where he directed 2 movies prior should hold more interest to him than SS 2. 

I wound assume since he signed on for millions of dollars he would take the job seriously and then he can go back to gotg. 

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

That’s true, I just didn’t know if marvel had bigger plans for him in the future. I suspect he’s mainly returning for gotg3 for the cast. 

He's returning to GOTG because he's super passionate about the source material and poured his heart and soul into the third film's script, as he said himself.

1 minute ago, Ithil said:

He's returning to GOTG because he's super passionate about the source material and poured his heart and soul into the third film's script, as he said himself.

Oh I know that( I should of been more  clear in the post you quoted)as I said above I followed him on twitter for years. I know what the guardians means to him (and he’s very close with the cast). I just didn’t know what the plans were for the future.

I guess we’ll find out more soon. 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Oh I know that( I should of been more  clear in the post you quoted)as I said above I followed him on twitter for years. I know what the guardians means to him (and he’s very close with the cast). I just didn’t know what the plans were for the future.

I guess we’ll find out more soon. 

SS and GOTG3 alone are gonna take up the next 4-5 years of his life, time enough to think past that later.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Will Gunn rush SS 2 now so he can get back to his true passion franchise in GoTG? 

You have no idea how he feels about Suicide Squad. Do you know him personally? Maybe he was a huge fan of the SS comics before he got the chance to do GOTG.

Why do comic book fans love to talk out ff their....?

Not to be too much of a conspiracy theorist here but it does seem likely that Gunn has just straight out used Suicide Squad as his leverage to get his dream job at the MCU back.

You gotta question how committed he will really be in making Suicide Squad or if he will just fast track to get it done as quickly as possible to take over his passion project Guardians of the galaxy.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

This all reminds me of the time Grace Randolph said Joss Whedon fucking up Justice League was a trap laid out by Marvel

The similitaries seems to be that neither Whedon or Gunn seems that interested in their DC projects compared to what they were doing at Marvel.

52 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Not to be too much of a conspiracy theorist here but it does seem likely that Gunn has just straight out used Suicide Squad as his leverage to get his dream job at the MCU back.

You gotta question how committed he will really be in making Suicide Squad or if he will just fast track to get it done as quickly as possible to take over his passion project Guardians of the galaxy.

Gunn was reinstated months ago so obviously something that WB knew about. It wasn't done behind their backs. It's Disney, Gunn and WB involved. There's no conspiracy. If by any chance Gunn indeed leaves SS 2 you bet that they found a replacement in the meantime and were just waiting for the proper moment to announce it. Nobody wants to have bad relationships with studios so he won't slam the door on WB any more than they'll slam the door on him. Disney almost did it but corrected their mistake. It's big business, everyone gains. 

2 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

"Total reboot"

This is gonna drop so hard from the first

I feel like this'll have great legs if the last two Gunn joints are anything to go by (albeit GOTG 2 had worse legs, but opened much higher)

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

I feel like this'll have great legs if the last two Gunn joints are anything to go by (albeit GOTG 2 had worse legs, but opened much higher)

More curious to know if this is the one that will open to China.

Total reboot would mean no Harley. Honestly that's just dumb. 

If it's a scheduling problem for Margot (doing Harley movies back to back) then why fast track it? 

Unless by total reboot they mean get rid of everything that didn't work before (basically everything except WW, Aquaman and Harley)