kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

16 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Total reboot would mean no Harley. Honestly that's just dumb. 

If it's a scheduling problem for Margot (doing Harley movies back to back) then why fast track it? 

Unless by total reboot they mean get rid of everything that didn't work before (basically everything except WW, Aquaman and Harley)

If this info is accurate then I'm guessing WB, after the success of Wonder Woman and especially Aquaman, feel more confident in making money outside of their core stable of characters. Dropping Will Smith & Margot Robbie if they can still make just as much money... then that's a great move.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, Macleod said:

Are there not villains in the Middle East, as in every part of the world?  If he simply fashions them in ISIS-style as extremists, yeah, I don't see why anyone would complain. 

Just binged Young Justice S1 and need to get to S2 and S3!!  I have a free DCUniverse membership, so I need to keep taking advantage!!

Season 2 is my favorite. It'll show you just why WB is developing a Blue Beetle film. 

I think this movie has the potential to do well at the box office. No chance that Gunn will make a movie that gets a bad RT score. And this movie will probably be released in china and have the chance to earn over a 100M there if the action is good. I'm thinking at least 700M at the box office if its a good movie. It does have the chance to earn more than the first one and more importantly if it gets a good RT score the suicide squad franchise have the potential to continue to do well in further intallments as well.

On 3/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, expensiveho said:

Total reboot would mean no Harley. Honestly that's just dumb. 

If it's a scheduling problem for Margot (doing Harley movies back to back) then why fast track it? 

Unless by total reboot they mean get rid of everything that didn't work before (basically everything except WW, Aquaman and Harley)

It probably means that there's no requirement to keep it in continuity with the first film, which is pretty much what all the DC films are getting. Aquaman had the barest nod to JL, and I expect future films to do the same.

Basically, Gunn gets whatever toys he wants to play with, however he wants to play with them.

I don't think you can really do a Suicide Squad movie without having Deadshot & Captain Boomerang as their back and forth interaction is integral in so many comics and other versions of the team.

Also, it's probably the best thing I've seen Jai do (as I didn't watch Spartacus)

Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn, King Shark ... and a 2-3 other expendables.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 2