kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

The cast was good, they were never the issue, Ayer was. And don't tell me that it was just WB meddling that ruined that film because Bright exists and nobody meddled with that bad movie. Ayer is decent at one thing and fantasy is not one of those things. It's unfortunate Smith isn't coming back but Elba is a good replacement 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The cast was good, they were never the issue, Ayer was. And don't tell me that it was just WB meddling that ruined that film because Bright exists and nobody meddled with that bad movie. Ayer is decent at one thing and fantasy is not one of those things. It's unfortunate Smith isn't coming back but Elba is a good replacement 

I know a lot of superhero films have action done entirely by pre-viz teams, but Ayer did all the action scenes in Suicide Squad and they're genuinely terrible. Like, maybe the worst action in one of these in the last few years.

17 minutes ago, TMP said:

I know a lot of superhero films have action done entirely by pre-viz teams, but Ayer did all the action scenes in Suicide Squad and they're genuinely terrible. Like, maybe the worst action in one of these in the last few years.

He had no idea what he was doing. WB deserves a lot of crap for how they handled things but so does Ayer.

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

He had no idea what he was doing. WB deserves a lot of crap for how they handled things but so does Ayer.

Going from Fury actions scene (for how bad some choice were in this movie, some actions scene were incredible) to Suicide Squad and the Netflix movie is quite something. Too short Pre-Production schedule ? That where many director work actually happen and shine.

Edited by Barnack

55 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

because Bright exists and nobody meddled with that bad movie. Ayer is decent at one thing and fantasy is not one of those things.

I waited forever for a decent urban fantasy. Bright is what Skwad could have been & I'm stoked for that sequel.

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

So no one is being replaced, and this is not a reboot. How shocking, the press spreading fake news about the DCEU.

"First of all, we don’t call it Suicide Squad 2 ‘cause it’s a total reboot" <--Peter Safran, producer.

I did not know that a DCEU producer has also joined the press. Someone should tell the poor guy, he probably doesnt even know he has joined the press.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ex-shazam-producer-talks-james-gunn-on-both-the-suicide-squad-gotgv3

• Haha 3

This is so weird, isn't the script done? Is Gunn just gonna do a quick "find-and-replace" for all instances of Deadshot and change it to, like, Bronze Tiger for his next draft? They start shooting in 5 months, so I guess there's time to change things around.

6 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nah. It's pretty well documented that WB's decision making and meddling were the reason SS turned out the way it did