kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

This is also a breakdown for the movie from DanielRPK

THE SUICIDE SQUAD  

Dates: September 2019 through Feb 2020 

Logline: Sequel to SUICIDE SQUAD, following many of the same characters. 

Execs: Walter Hamada [Set] John Papsidera [Set], Kim Winther [Set] Chuck Roven [Set], Peter Safran [Set] 

Writer: JAMES GUNN [SET] Adam Cozad [Set], ZAK PENN [SETT, David Bar Katz [Set], Gavin O'Connor [Set], Todd Stashwick [Set] 

Director: JAMES GUNN [Set]   

[HARLEY QUINN] Female, Caucasian, LEAD. Margot Robbie [Set]  

[MALE LEAD] Male, Black, LEAD. Idris Elba [Set]

[AMANDA WALLER] Female, Black, LEAD. Viola Davis [Set]

[RICK FLAG] Male, Caucasian, LEAD. Joel Kinnaman [Set]   

[GEORGE "DIGGER" HARKNESS AKA CAPTAIN BOOMERANG] Male, Caucasian, LEAD. Jai Courtney [Set] 

[MARIA THE MILLENNIAL AKA RATCATCHER] Female, to play 18 22 years old. Latina, an idealist, an innocent, a complainer, a warrior for goodness and a lazy millennial all wrapped into one. Is a man in the DC comics though the character will be gender-swapped and played by a woman in The Suicide Squad. Ratcatcher is is a super-criminal and one of Batman's man enemies. She started out as an exterminator in Gotham City before turming to a life of crime, aided by an army of small rodents she can communicate with and control. She's also a fan of poisonous gas Female (18-22) Hispanic/ Latino LEAD   

[NANAUE AKA KING SHARK] is a super-villain and humanoid shark whose father is believed to be the so-called Shark God, though others dismiss him as merely a savage mutation LEAD   

[POLKA-DOT MAN AKA MISTER POLKA DOT] Male is a Gotham City super-villain and like Ratcatcher, a sworn enemy of Batman. He grows multi-colored polka dots on his body that he can turn into fireballs and other weapons, even though, for the most part, he's embarrassed about his awkward abilities LEAD   

[PEACEMAKER AKA CHRISTOPHER SMTIH] Male is an agent of peace whose motives are driven by an extremist form of pacifism that makes him love peace so much he would kill for it LEAD   

[THE GENERAL] handsome, charming, very physically fit, an incredibly ambitious general, you just love the guy when you meet him Hispanic /Latino SUPPORTING   

[THE MAYOR] an irascible old warrior, he lives for war. Male (50-59) Hispanic Latino SUPPORTING   

[CREATURE] Muscular alien woman, Queens-tough, surly, monstrous yet Opern grounded. Major prosthetic role.. Feiale (20-30) SUPPORTING

On 4/5/2019 at 10:32 AM, TMP said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this moved up to October 2020 if it really starts shooting in September. Venom 2 could move to or early 2021, since it doesn't even have a director yet.

Venom director not coming back?

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Nah, he's doing post on Zombieland 2 which overlaps with Venom's intended pre-prod

Not sure how I feel about it.

First time I watched it I gave it a C- or even D+. Rewatch was much better like B-. Lots of plot holes everywhere and serious character issues with everyone for me besides Hardy and Venom. Maybe that's a good thing?

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Not sure how I feel about it.

First time I watched it I gave it a C- or even D+. Rewatch was much better like B-. Lots of plot holes everywhere and serious character issues with everyone for me besides Hardy and Venom. Maybe that's a good thing?

They could always delay Venom's filming/release date and he could come back, but it sounds like he might not be back

Just now, DlAMONDZ said:

Harley all of a sudden being in prison again after being public in BoP is gonna be jarring

I feel like she's gonna have a design overhaul too. Gunn's aesthetics are a lot more comic book-faithful than Ayer's were. Tattoos will probably still be there, but she might have a modified version of the jester cap now or something