kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If this movie moves to March, then either Matrix 4 or John Wick 4 should move to August 6. 

While I love the May release date, i feel like the Matrix 4 could’ve dominated the month of August or September, breaking the OW record for either and having no major competition. Right now its has to deal with the rest of the summer 2021 slate which sounds terrifying.

3 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

While I love the May release date, i feel like the Matrix 4 could’ve dominated the month of August or September, breaking the OW record for either and having no major competition. Right now its has to deal with the rest of the summer 2021 slate which sounds terrifying.

I think it's more likely WB will keep Matrix in May and let Lionsgate have August or September. Moving The Suicide Squad to March wouldn't be a bad idea. 

77017253_149110086389504_764867314177480

Gunn posted on his ig.

We can see:

-Harley Quinn

-Flagg

-Boomerang

-King Shark

-The black figure on the right side maybe Vigilante

-Polka-Dot Man between Harley and Vigilante (?)

-The figure on the left side is probably the Pete Davidson character

-Gunn said in the comments that the one in the roof is Peter Capaldi

-There is another one in the back of King Shark but I couldn't recognize it

-I think that the shirtless one is maybe John Cena but the outfit is way off from the comics

On 12/18/2019 at 1:03 AM, belblazer said:

77017253_149110086389504_764867314177480

Gunn posted on his ig.

We can see:

-Harley Quinn

-Flagg

-Boomerang

-King Shark

-The black figure on the right side maybe Vigilante

-Polka-Dot Man between Harley and Vigilante (?)

-The figure on the left side is probably the Pete Davidson character

-Gunn said in the comments that the one in the roof is Peter Capaldi

-There is another one in the back of King Shark but I couldn't recognize it

-I think that the shirtless one is maybe John Cena but the outfit is way off from the comics

That's a John Cena wrestling action figure. The Capaldi figure I assume is a Doctor Who toy.

Edited by Ithil

I saw that David Ayer is trying to get a modern day remake of "The Dirty Dozen" greenlit.

Gee, isn't that what he pretty much did with the first "Sucide Squad?'

COme one, David, don't make the same film twice in a row. if you want to remake the Dirty Dozen again, keep the WW2 setting. You have shown you can handle World War 2 well with "Fury" and it won't look like you are repeating yourslef.

Just now, RealLyre said:

just heard this movie's gonna be Rated R, will WB reconsider it if BoP doesn't do as expected box office wise? 

the first SS was PG-13 (but not the family friendly type), I hope they let James Gunn do his thing.

The script apparently has a lot of f-bombs, so it'll be very hard to cut it down to a PG-13 without reshoots

6 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

just heard this movie's gonna be Rated R, will WB reconsider it if BoP doesn't do as expected box office wise? 

the first SS was PG-13 (but not the family friendly type), I hope they let James Gunn do his thing.

I trust Walter Hamada to not do that. Yeah, BoP will probably disappoint in the box office but I don't think it's gonna do bad enough for WB to start panicking. WB hasn't done that post-Snyder. It's not like they entirely reworked Aquaman after JL flopped and they are going with the exact same crew as the first film for Shazam 2. Joker also did make a billion recently. I think at worst, we won't get anymore Harley Quinn spin off movies.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I trust Walter Hamada to not do that. Yeah, BoP will probably disappoint in the box office but I don't think it's gonna do bad enough for WB to start panicking. WB hasn't done that post-Snyder. It's not like they entirely rework Aquaman after JL flopped and they are going with the exact same crew as the first film for Shazam 2. Joker also did make a billion recently. I think at worst, we won't get anymore Harley Quinn spin off movies.

Only Toddy P will be handed the R ratings for these films moving forward

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I trust Walter Hamada to not do that. Yeah, BoP will probably disappoint in the box office but I don't think it's gonna do bad enough for WB to start panicking. WB hasn't done that post-Snyder. It's not like they entirely reworked Aquaman after JL flopped and they are going with the exact same crew as the first film for Shazam 2. Joker also did make a billion recently. I think at worst, we won't get anymore Harley Quinn spin off movies.

I'm afraid that no Joker & no Will Smith star power coupled with the reception of the last film will hurt TSS financially. I overestimated how popular Harley Quinn was. 

at least James Gunn will deliver something great. 

Just now, RealLyre said:

I'm afraid that no Joker & no Will Smith star power coupled with the reception of the last film will hurt TSS financially. I overestimated how popular Harley Quinn was. 

at least James Gunn will deliver something great. 

I think Birds of Prey could at least restore some goodwill if it's well liked enough. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell it as a soft reboot (although that probably does mean less Harley in marketing). I think Harley Quinn is still pretty popular but it's just not many people even knew Birds of Prey even existed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If BoP underperforms (say, a 35/90 run) will that affect how much they push Harley in this movie next year? 

Harley will still be pushed, but John and Idris will get pushed too (big runs coming off F&F). Then there James Gunn and his name will be everywhere - which will take care of any box office concern. Seriously Gunn is the biggest draw imo.

Edited by The Chad DC
  • Like 1