kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

6 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

Where did you get 449.8 from Django from (all I see is 425)? And you left out a pretty big film riding TDK-Nolan hype. Tarantino doesn't draw like Nolan.

Inception isn't the same type of movie (or budget) than the usual Tarantino at all. The Nolan drawing factor is more measure on is typical movie result than the exception.

449 came from here:

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Django-Unchained#tab=summary

Domestic Box Office $162,805,434 Details
International Box Office $287,036,132 Details
Worldwide Box Office $449,841,566

Why is it different on the-numbers than mojo (I remember more 425 than 449 as well.....), the-numbers have a lot of 2018 updates in international markets, but I cannot find where the difference come from.

Anyway it is pretty much the same ballpark, it is maybe semantic (maybe Nolan giant scope and set piece is part of is draw)

• Like 1

The real lesson WB should learn from Birds of Prey and apply here isn't changing it to a PG-13 rating but marketing it in a way that appeals to adults. I loved the Birds of Prey trailers but I guess I agree that they never really fully capitalised on the idea that it was an R-rated movie. They didn't really bring any new eyes to that movie and relied on marketing it towards the younger hot topic crowd. They really need to market The Suicide Squad towards people who can actually watch the film because otherwise I doubt it even opens to half of the first film.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The real lesson WB should learn from Birds of Prey and apply here isn't changing it to a PG-13 rating but marketing it in a way that appeals to adults. I loved the Birds of Prey trailers but I guess I agree that they never really fully capitalised on the idea that it was an R-rated movie. They didn't really bring any new eyes to that movie and relied on marketing it towards the younger hot topic crowd. They really need to market The Suicide Squad towards people who can actually watch the film because otherwise I doubt it even opens to half of the first film.

James Gunn doesn't make movies for adults though, lmfao. Super was an incredibly clumsy movie that just felt overly nihilistic and edgy, the two Guardians films are family romps about the importance of finding your family. Joker and Logan were deadly serious and sold themselves as character dramas, while Deadpool was closer to an R rated comedy. What's this going to be to differentiate itself?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TMP said:

James Gunn doesn't make movies for adults though, lmfao. Super was an incredibly clumsy movie that just felt overly nihilistic and edgy, the two Guardians films are family romps about the importance of finding your family. Joker and Logan were deadly serious and sold themselves as character dramas, while Deadpool was closer to an R rated comedy. What's this going to be to differentiate itself?

By being marketed as an R-rated comedy? Not saying they should copy Deadpool's marketing but the marketing should be closer to Deadpool's and than the first Suicide Squad's marketing (which is what they tried to imitate with BoP).

Edited by lorddemaxus

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

By being marketed as an R-rated comedy? Not saying they should copy Deadpool's marketing but the marketing should be closer to Deadpool's and than the first Suicide Squad's marketing (which is what they tried to imitate with BoP).

Hasn’t James Gunn already suggested that this movie won’t be a comedy?

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Some of the stuff I've heard about the film makes it sound like a comedy. What did he suggest it will be more like?

Never mind. People involved with the film have said that it will be more of a comedy. I’m gonna be honest here, I can’t say I have much interest in that. I’m pretty tired of goofy R-rated superhero movies at this point.

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Never mind. People involved with the film have said that it will be more of a comedy. I’m gonna be honest here, I can’t say I have much interest in that. I’m pretty tired of goofy R-rated superhero movies at this point.

A Safdie Bros. incredibly gritty/boots on the ground Suicide Squad film where the characters are all legitimate, irredeemable scum bags would be more interesting but it'd also be a lot less financially viable than "R-rated Guardians of the Galaxy"

2 hours ago, TMP said:

A Safdie Bros. incredibly gritty/boots on the ground Suicide Squad film where the characters are all legitimate, irredeemable scum bags would be more interesting but it'd also be a lot less financially viable than "R-rated Guardians of the Galaxy"

And David Ayer is trying to get a out and out remake of "The Dirty Dozen" into production. Maybe it will work better this time...

-Panama shoots are done (x).

-After Panama, they will go to another location for the final shoots.

-They filmed a funeral today (x).

-Harley Quinn was seen today filming inside of a cathedral (x)

-This scene shows a militia group celebrating something (x).

-Stuntpeople in a mo-cap outfit rehearsing a scene (x).

-They are filming everything there with practical effects (x).

-Harley Quinn was seen with javelin's Javelin (x).

-Juan Diego Botto character is called Luna, a political man (x).

-The film will be placed in a fictitious country: Corto Maltese or Santa Prisca. Santa Prisca is a small caribbean island, the country where Bane lived, and is kown for its penitentiary called Penã Duro. Here is the flag of the country, and people said that the flag is everywhere.

A1Lm5jIXjL.jpg?fit=662,1024&ssl=1

"Suicide Squad: Rogues" by John Ostrander. Suicide Squad went to Santa Prisca during an attempt to fake a new democratic election in the country. This may justify the Juan Diego Botto character stamping a political banner.

I think we can expect a political plot then.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:37 AM, lorddemaxus said:

I blame WB for not putting out a red band trailer for BoP. Deadpool did it, Logan did it, Joker didn't do it but the trailers still made it very clear it wasn't your typical CBM.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 2