kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

30 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I don’t know if going big again is a good idea. One of the many problems the first movie had was being yet another superhero movie with world ending stakes and a blue laser in the sky, when it would’ve been better served as a smaller scale movie. 

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

He’s also already making the peacemaker show for Hbomax currently (filming now)so I’m assuming WB is happy with the movie. 

WB "said" that about WW84, too!  😂 🤔

Everything is awesome...until it isn't.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

WB "said" that about WW84, too!  😂 🤔

Everything is awesome...until it isn't.  

I mean the studios not going to say anything negative about any upcoming release. 

I’m not sure exactly what your point is though?(not trying to sound rude).No one has really said much about this movie from the studio, I’m just assuming WB is happy with it cause they went to Gunn and asked him to make a show (or multiple) ones for HBOMax. I’m sure they want him back for more movies also if he wants to come back after gotg3. 

8 hours ago, cax16 said:

I mean the studios not going to say anything negative about any upcoming release. 

I’m not sure exactly what your point is though?(not trying to sound rude).No one has really said much about this movie from the studio, I’m just assuming WB is happy with it cause they went to Gunn and asked him to make a show (or multiple) ones for HBOMax. I’m sure they want him back for more movies also if he wants to come back after gotg3. 

And they signed Patty Jenkins and Gadot right up for WW3.  So someone was happy enough internally, I guess...  but that doesn't mean everyone.  😂  Yes, of course they'll always talk up their yet-to-be-released product... pardon me if I just get a bit cynical after a few too many big studio disappointments!  😉

5 hours ago, Macleod said:

And they signed Patty Jenkins and Gadot right up for WW3.  So someone was happy enough internally, I guess...  but that doesn't mean everyone.  😂  Yes, of course they'll always talk up their yet-to-be-released product... pardon me if I just get a bit cynical after a few too many big studio disappointments!  😉

Honestly, I know they said they signed Patty right away for number 3 but I wouldn’t be surprised to see another director do it. Either way, I don’t want to stray to far off topic. 

On 1/22/2021 at 2:23 PM, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know if going big again is a good idea. One of the many problems the first movie had was being yet another superhero movie with world ending stakes and a blue laser in the sky, when it would’ve been better served as a smaller scale movie. 

I didn’t take anything like that from that quote. It sounds like the movie is going to be ultra violent and have a lot of goofy

humor (I don’t mean that in a bad way) kinda like Super.(James Gunn’s last R rated movie),