kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Looks promising. It’s already better than the first film. 

Hope Harley has the most screen time though. I also hope Gunn doesn’t get her to play too dumb, like some of his other characters. 

Yeah, rather surprised how short-changed she is in this trailer... For Harley fans, what is going on here with her character that offers any progression?  I don't see anything... And Elba is a great, great actor, but I don't buy him in Gunn's tone of humor.  

12 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

IMAX had an exclusive to expanded ratio for MCU films, this however looks like the aspect ratio for all screens

Yeah, James Gunn has said that it’ll be shown in that ratio (or close enough with 1:85:1) on all screens, but the reason behind it is because they filmed it with IMAX cameras which uses the 1:90:1 aspect ratio. The only difference between this and something like Endgame is that they cropped Endgame to 2:39:1 for regular screens.

Edited by SnokesLegs

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

IMAX had an exclusive to expanded ratio for MCU films, this however looks like the aspect ratio for all screens

IMAX is also exclusively projecting this with an expanded 1.90:1 aspect ratio. It's just going to be in 1.85:1 everywhere else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Gunn has gone on record that this one was his favorite movie experience as a filmmaker so it’s plausible for him to hype everything like that.

idk I expected something different that GOTG but this looks exactly the same with 'R' rating imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

idk I expected something different that GOTG but this looks exactly the same with 'R' rating imo. 

Nah I don't see any uplifting ending coming here, nor where it be that motivational.

Think Venom but darker.