kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I find Harley so annoying. 

I’ve never found her to not be annoying. I think she’s easily the worst thing that came out of B:TAS. It baffles me that she ever became such a breakout character.

Edited by WittyUsername

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I really like Margot Robbie but I tend to agree, I hated BoP because Harley was just too much. I think she’s better suited being a character that’s part of a larger ensemble, so I’m hoping that the fact that she isn’t the main character here coupled with James Gunn’s writing will make her more palatable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

I find her Jersey accent especially grating. Couldn't get through BoP because of her narration. 

Trailer was really meh, not digging the style at all (it just looks really ugly?) and the humor fell flat for me. Hopefully the next trailer is better. 

Test screenings for this was insanely well received, so it's probably good.

I think is a good trailer but with not so good editing... And they hide the action, which is good to surprise on the movie itself but can turn down some people expecting an explosive teaser.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

*sigh Oh boy! This looks dumb, but I will give it a chance. Well, here’s to hoping that it’s better than the previous movie. The bar is pretty low. Maybe I am just not a Suicide Squad type of person. 

I mean in all fairness the concepts kind of dumb too. I'm kind of hoping it's one of those stupid but enjoyable films

• Like 1

The movie seems to contain some of the sharpest images I've seen in a superhero film. Kinda mixed about it tbh. Removes all the grit and texture from what's being sold as a 70s war film homage but it also clearly is leaning into Michael Bay-ish plastic artificiality which this kind of look is great for. 

Watched the trailer a few more times and I actually liked it a lot more then the first time. I think the team is gonna have really good chemistry and the jokes mostly landed. I’m pretty excited to see more of the action stuff next. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

WB putting the age-restriction on the red band trailer is stupid. Makes it hard to do any sort of trailer comparisons since the only other age-restricred Red band trailer I can find is the mortal Kombat one. Even the Deadpool ones aren't age-restriced. Age-restriced trailers are much harder to find on YouTube and you need to sign-up to watch too. 

• Like 1

This looks terrible. Not a single joke in the trailer made me laugh. The gore seems both forced and unnecessary. Harley Quinn's character development in Birds of Prey is made irrelevant and she seems like the same person she was back in the first Suicide Squad movie. 

idk, I guess we'll see with the actual movie but I was in the crowd where I actually enjoyed the first Suicide Squad movie, and loved Birds of Prey.