baumer

SOTM 4...only for the BSG loonies (due May 31st 11:59 pm)

Tomorrowland:  110 mill UNDER

Poltergeist:  57 mill UNDER

Pitch Perfect 2:  177 mill OVER

Mad Max Fury Road:  140 mill OVER

AOU:  1.425 billion WW UNDER

Question: Breakfast Club :) 

I feel like this is a huge risk, but it's still early in the game, and getting this wrong wont paralyze my chances (I hope).

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

TOMORROWLAND | 110 M | LESS

POLTERGEIST | 57 M | LESS

PITCH PERFECT II | 177 M | MORE

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD | 140 M | MORE

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON | 1.425 B | LESS

JAWS

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

Tomorrowland 110M - Less

Poltergeist 57M - Less

Pitch Perfect 2 177M - More

Mad Max: Fury Road 140M - More

Avengers 1.425B - Less

Trivia: The Usual Suspects

Originally I was going to just Abstain on this one and collect my 2,000 points.  Then I saw Tomorrowland and hated it while noting the extremely sparse attendance.  So I felt ok making it a "Less".  Then a few days ago I did the math on AOU and I decided the chance of AOU making it was very slim so I rolled the dice a second time.

Now I'm noting that something like 2/3 of BSG contestants are going with Less/Less/More/More/Less and its an interesting feeling.  Risk aversion is the way to go, but if most of the rest of the competition goes for the full gamble, you start to wonder why so many people are reading the odds so differently.

Edited by Wrath

Here's a new twist to the game. I don't expect a lot of you to go for it all, because well, you'll be at my mercy. But if you do, and you are successful, you will be in line for a very big point gain. Here's how it works.

Here are five films. I'll give you a total, and you tell me if it will gross more or less than the total.

Tomorrowland: 110 mill

Poltergeist: 57 mill

Pitch Perfect 2: 177 mill

Mad Max Fury Road: 140 mill

AOU: 1.425 billion WW

For every film you call correctly, you will receive 5000 points. For every film you call incorrectly, you lose 5000 points.

You can go for as many or as little as you want.

Now, if you go for all 5, you must get all five correct. If you do, you will receive a total of 40,000 points, contingent on Part B to this question. You must get all five correct in order to qualify for part B. If you go for all five and you don't get all five right, you will lose 30,000 points.

If you abstain from this question in every way, you get 2000 points.

ABSTAIN

It looks like this can be answered.  I'm going to be working on the trivia questions for those who qualify for them.

I'm going to work on the game a lot this weekend.

Tomorrowland:  110 mill  UNDER

Poltergeist:  57 mill UNDER

Pitch Perfect 2:  177 mill OVER

Mad Max Fury Road:  140 mill OVER

AOU:  1.425 billion WW  UNDER