kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Also, Bay obtained to film at Gizeh and I don't think we ve seen any other film shot there since.

Bay also got tons of high quality US military shots that showed us far more cool real hardware than we usually get in big budget action spectacles.

that said.....

4 hours ago, cookie said:

Bay absolutely deserves all the credit for the success but he and Paramount also deserve the blame for the state the series is now in.

He absolutely deserves tons of credit for making tons of money, but he also deserves the blame for where the franchise is now, and for any underperformance from Bumblebee.

But if you add those two things up, in the end you'll see that he did far more good for the franchise than bad.

Even if we all wind up loving Bumblebee and wishing the other movies were more like it, just think, Bay's TF movies gave us far more of what we wanted than live action versions of other franchises like Dragon Ball or Avatar The Last Airbender. We could have done far worse than Bay.

• Like 3

Bay is super proud of his relationship with the military, he has contacts with higher-ups at the Pentagon and they gladly sent him the latest toys of the US army for his films.

He s a nerd for this, he kows every vehicle featured in his films and yes, few other films feature as many US military vehicles as Bay films.

I know this is getting into silly butterfly effect territory but the timing probably wasn't ever going to be much better to bring someone like Travis Knight on. If this is where Bay wore out his welcome, it was also the best time for Knight to revive it; coming off his critically acclaimed directing debut while also being more open to for-hire blockbuster opportunities with his studio kind of needing a good cash inflow.

Let’s be honest. The action was the main reason the Transformers film did well with general audiences. A movie like Bumblebee likely only would have appealed to the fan base back in 2007 . The exposure to Transformers that the Bay films did is why something like Bumblebee could do better than it would have without them 

Edited by John Marston

Saw it last night - surprise of the year for me. 

I actually really enjoyed this movie despite hating most of the Transformers franchise. It was simple fun and everything was well executed. So, so much better than the Bay films. Not perfect, but far better than I expected. 

21 hours ago, John Marston said:

Let’s be honest. The action was the main reason the Transformers film did well with general audiences. A movie like Bumblebee likely only would have appealed to the fan base back in 2007 . The exposure to Transformers that the Bay films did is why something like Bumblebee could do better than it would have without them 

Not really. the movie was charming and everyone was in love with Meghan. I remember guys couldn't stop talking about her. 

23 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I think there was a point where his singular style as well as Shia LaBeouf's presence was a legit draw for the franchise. Even though critics hated his movies, they were bad in spectacular and memetic ways that could still be mocked for entertainment value. The last two movies were just bad in boring ways, and there's a shorter shelf life for a commitment to poor quality.

He deserves credit for making Transformers a blockbuster franchise, but it still needed to be handed off to someone else to stay viable.

You have to wonder if Spielberg was pretty hands on in the early films in the franchsie, with sort of reigning in Bay's weaknesses as a filmmaker,and when Spielberge lost interest and left Bay to his own devices the franchise went downhill.

And if Bumblebee disappoints at the box office, Paramount might take part of the blame for scheduling it against such heavy competition.

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

God Paramount is having an awesome fucking year to be honest. Quiet Place and Fallout will both likely make by top 10 of the year list, and this is shaping up to be great as well. 

Yep, it's great to see both it and Sony pulling themselves together, i was afraid both would be sold to a bigger studio, but now, it seems they're safe.

Edited by Titan Man

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

God Paramount is having an awesome fucking year to be honest. Quiet Place and Fallout will both likely make by top 10 of the year list, and this is shaping up to be great as well. 

Comeback of the year, for sure. Not even just quality-wise, but definitely BO-wise as well. I presume a lot of people would give Sony that title, but Sony's comeback started in Summer last year with Baby Driver, followed immediately by Homecoming and (it was a BO success) Emoji. And Jumanji was technically a 2017 movie too.

But yeah, 2018 has been Paramount's return to form, it really sems to me like the post-Grey era management has definitely shown its stamp at this point. You didn't even mention Annihilation (not a huge hit, though it certainly wasn't a huge loss either due to the Netflix deal, and of course it got terrific reception) or Book Club (one of the sleeper hits of the Summer, for sure, also coupled with surprisingly solid reception).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

apparently this movie claims the Transformers arrived on Earth during the 1980s.  What lies

Transformers: The Last Knight Movie Poster

i feel like literally every transformers movie changes their first visit to earth. it was either king arthur times, ancient mayan times or dinosaur times.

• Like 1

Bumblebee is going to be the First Class of Transformers, a solid film that helps rebuild trust in the franchise. If the budget is only $102m then Paramount doesn't need a huge gross to justify a sequel.

I wonder if perhaps Bumblebee could be connected to the other Paramount/Hasbro movies like GI Joe or Micronauts?