Jump to content
kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

Recommended Posts

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

I thought they were known for being unreliable, at least very very early before reviews come out.

Yes that is exactly what I meant. People look at it too early. 70/100 could be just one critic giving it 7/10, it doesn't mean the final RT score will be 70% at all.

 

But in the end good CC usually means good RT score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nova said:

This is getting great reviews from the looks of it but I still don't know what to predict for it box office wise. Having said that, to me this movie is more about getting the Transformers films back into the good graces of the GA and I think it's going to do that. So regardless of where it winds up box office wise, they have successfully rebooted the franchise (imo) and that's what matters. 

I think this will do a lot of good to repair the damage caused by Bay's Transformers movie, I imagine given the budget, if it does $400m WW then it'll be enough for a sequel. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

But it doesn't have Adam DeVine in the cast. Surely it can't be that bad.

You literally just reminded me he's in the first two :hahaha: But no, PP3 is AWFUL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this a prequel reboot?

 

Honestly if it’s good and barely has connections to the rest of the franchise, I wouldn’t mind if this becomes the first installment in a rebooted series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

So is this a prequel reboot?

 

Honestly if it’s good and barely has connections to the rest of the franchise, I wouldn’t mind if this becomes the first installment in a rebooted series

Spoiler

It was reshoot to be more of a reboot but there's still a lot of obvious connections like a young Simmons and Sector 7 plus no Megatron.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I think this will do a lot of good to repair the damage caused by Bay's Transformers movie, I imagine given the budget, if it does $400m WW then it'll be enough for a sequel.

It is going to be the Batman Begins of TF.

Nolan for the sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

 

It's not like that at all jfc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robbie Collin, Telegraph gave it a positive review too.

 

First Transformers film I’ll see since the first, and first one in cinemas. I like John Cena and Hailee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, That One Guy said:

This was surprisingly pretty solid.  Judging by my crowd reactions, I wouldn’t be surprised if it does bigger numbers than Poppins and/or Aquaman

Eh, crowd went wild for Widows and Green Book, remember? 

 

Bumblebee's sales leg way behind MPR and Aquaman so fat chance it outgrosses either even with good WOM, which, mind you, MPR and Aquaman will also have. Plus Spiderverse holdover, another one with strong WOM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Eh, crowd went wild for Widows and Green Book, remember? 

 

Bumblebee's sales leg way behind MPR and Aquaman so fat chance it outgrosses either even with good WOM, which, mind you, MPR and Aquaman will also have. Plus Spiderverse holdover, another one with strong WOM. 

What if Bumblebee ends up being better reviewed than both MPR and Aquaman? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Eh, crowd went wild for Widows and Green Book, remember? 

 

Bumblebee's sales leg way behind MPR and Aquaman so fat chance it outgrosses either even with good WOM, which, mind you, MPR and Aquaman will also have. Plus Spiderverse holdover, another one with strong WOM. 

I think it just has to stay above $100m domestically and it’ll be fine tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

What if Bumblebee ends up being better reviewed than both MPR and Aquaman? 🤔

It isn't about reviews. TLJ had better reviews than Jumanji but Jumanji had better WOM. Also, the pre-existed demand. Poeple want to see MPR and Aquaman cause they waited for them for so long. For Bumblebee to upset either, it would need mixed WOM for both regardless of critical acclaim. Also, lets not forget that Jumanji had star power that this doesn't. 

 

@Krissykins It should comfortably pass 100M even with MPR/Aquaman/Spiderverse direct competition.

Edited by Valonqar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It isn't about reviews. TLJ had better reviews than Jumanji but Jumanji had better WOM. Also, the pre-existed demand. Poeple want to see MPR and Aquaman cause they waited for them for so long. For Bumblebee to upset either, it would need mixed WOM for both regardless of critical acclaim. Also, lets not forget that Jumanji had star power that this doesn't.

 

NeedyBitterGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_

 

 

@WrathOfHan

Edited by Brainbug
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brainbug I know that the gif is supposed to be funny but I find the text really disturbing and would appreciate if you removed it. Wishing someone permanent physical injury is not funny even if attempted to be a funny context. 

Edited by Valonqar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@Brainbug I know that the gif is supposed to be funny but I find the text really disturbing and would appreciate if you removed it. Wishing someone permanent physical injury is not funny even if attempted to be a funny context. 

 

Totally understand that. I removed the gif and used a harmless new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

 

Totally understand that. I removed the gif and used a harmless new one.

Thank you! Really appreciated! :)

 

Also, she's so pretty. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.