kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

I thought they were known for being unreliable, at least very very early before reviews come out.

Yes that is exactly what I meant. People look at it too early. 70/100 could be just one critic giving it 7/10, it doesn't mean the final RT score will be 70% at all.

But in the end good CC usually means good RT score.

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

This is getting great reviews from the looks of it but I still don't know what to predict for it box office wise. Having said that, to me this movie is more about getting the Transformers films back into the good graces of the GA and I think it's going to do that. So regardless of where it winds up box office wise, they have successfully rebooted the franchise (imo) and that's what matters. 

I think this will do a lot of good to repair the damage caused by Bay's Transformers movie, I imagine given the budget, if it does $400m WW then it'll be enough for a sequel. 

4 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

So is this a prequel reboot?

Honestly if it’s good and barely has connections to the rest of the franchise, I wouldn’t mind if this becomes the first installment in a rebooted series

Spoiler

It was reshoot to be more of a reboot but there's still a lot of obvious connections like a young Simmons and Sector 7 plus no Megatron.

10 hours ago, That One Guy said:

This was surprisingly pretty solid.  Judging by my crowd reactions, I wouldn’t be surprised if it does bigger numbers than Poppins and/or Aquaman

Eh, crowd went wild for Widows and Green Book, remember? 

Bumblebee's sales leg way behind MPR and Aquaman so fat chance it outgrosses either even with good WOM, which, mind you, MPR and Aquaman will also have. Plus Spiderverse holdover, another one with strong WOM. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Bumblebee's sales leg way behind MPR and Aquaman so fat chance it outgrosses either even with good WOM, which, mind you, MPR and Aquaman will also have. Plus Spiderverse holdover, another one with strong WOM. 

What if Bumblebee ends up being better reviewed than both MPR and Aquaman? 🤔

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think it just has to stay above $100m domestically and it’ll be fine tbh. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

What if Bumblebee ends up being better reviewed than both MPR and Aquaman? 🤔

It isn't about reviews. TLJ had better reviews than Jumanji but Jumanji had better WOM. Also, the pre-existed demand. Poeple want to see MPR and Aquaman cause they waited for them for so long. For Bumblebee to upset either, it would need mixed WOM for both regardless of critical acclaim. Also, lets not forget that Jumanji had star power that this doesn't. 

@Krissykins It should comfortably pass 100M even with MPR/Aquaman/Spiderverse direct competition.

Edited by Valonqar

43 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It isn't about reviews. TLJ had better reviews than Jumanji but Jumanji had better WOM. Also, the pre-existed demand. Poeple want to see MPR and Aquaman cause they waited for them for so long. For Bumblebee to upset either, it would need mixed WOM for both regardless of critical acclaim. Also, lets not forget that Jumanji had star power that this doesn't.

NeedyBitterGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_

@WrathOfHan

Edited by Brainbug
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@Brainbug I know that the gif is supposed to be funny but I find the text really disturbing and would appreciate if you removed it. Wishing someone permanent physical injury is not funny even if attempted to be a funny context. 

Totally understand that. I removed the gif and used a harmless new one.