kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

This is gonna have very good staying power since there’s nothing really aiming for its audience in a major capacity until Lego Movie 2 in February. That’s the best thing about this time of year: multiple movies targeting the same crowd can do well because people have the time and the money and just want to get out of the house.

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

If Bumblebee succeeds, they'll greenlight a full fledged reboot in it's style instantly.

3 hours ago, Godzilla said:

I’d say over $500 million is a win considering the budget, downhill trajectory of the franchise 

I'm glad the reviews are good. I've been waiting 30 damn years for some live action G1 goodness! (And yes, I actually saw the original TF movie in the theaters back when it came out.)

That said, I think a lot of the GA are done with Transformers movies. Those last 2 just really drove it into the ground, with non-stop hour-long action sequences that frequently were difficult to decipher.

This Bumblebee movie could be brilliant, but if people don't want to see another TF movie, they won't go to see it.

500 would be absolutely massive for this. I'm afraid it may not get there though. Bumblebee is facing some seriously legit competition from Aquaman, Spidey, and Mary Poppins.

Hopefully Hasbro will be happy enough with a fair box office return and then a bunch more folks discovering and appreciating it at home a few months later.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I have a sneaking feeling this is going to be the best reviewed live action movie in December. 

That would be extremely un-Transformers-like.

That said, it may slightly benefit from some critics simply not bothering with any more TF movies. Sort of like some politicians hoping for lower voter turnout, if you'll allow that comparison.

Not enough to help it be the best-reviewed movie of the month or anything like that, but it could help a little if some of the haters simply stay away.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Based on reviews, the tool that's playing Hailee's love interest is so invisible nobody mentions him in reviews.:rofl: It's all about Hailee, Cena and whoever is voicing Bumblebee with some mentions of how much fun Angela had with her villain role.

said love interest is the second best part of the movie.

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

said love interest is the second best part of the movie.

doubtful. I thought Hollywood was done with Seth Rogen crap (beta doofus scores way out of his league) but apparently not. And now even Favereau scores. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Based on reviews, the tool that's playing Hailee's love interest is so invisible nobody mentions him in reviews.:rofl: It's all about Hailee, Cena and whoever is voicing Bumblebee with some mentions of how much fun Angela had with her villain role.

I know he's a robot but it's very rude to call Bumblebee a tool