kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

Bumblebee had its sneaks in Malaysia and Singapore, audience WoM is medicore at best. Only 2 fight scenes (at the start and end), and its a romance movie between BB and the female lead, with limited screentime for John Cena. Its not gonna fly. The key here is really the nostalgc factor.

What a beautiful movie! Bumblebee was everything I wanted it to be and more. Funny, heartwarming, entertaining, characters you care about and with a kick-ass 80s Soundtrack. The relationship between Charlie and Bee was so beautiful, you could really feel their connection ...I teared up at least 3 times 😢 And I honestly can't praise Hailee Steinfeld enough, what an incredible actress!

And most importantly it feels like a Transformers movie, something someone like Michael Bay sadly never understood. Thank you Travis Knight!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Bumblebee had its sneaks in Malaysia and Singapore, audience WoM is medicore at best. Only 2 fight scenes (at the start and end), and its a romance movie between BB and the female lead, with limited screentime for John Cena. Its not gonna fly. The key here is really the nostalgc factor.

This is a problem?

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, nevermore said:

It can be. I think the spectacle is the biggest reason why the Bayformers did well internationally. 

Yeah, if you don’t speak English, I’d reckon the appeal of Hollywood movies isn’t the drama you’ll miss the nuances on due to a bad translation, or the performances you’ll hear a dub over, or a story that is American centric in themes and style.  The appeal of a Hollywood movie is going to be the big budget spectacle you aren’t going to be getting from movies made in your own country.

• Like 2

Watching it you can definitely tell this was actually made with actual heart unlike Bay's TF movies despite the story which wasn't exactly amazing but it was serviceable enough. Lots of 80s nostalgia (it throws this in your face so much) and excellent soundtrack. Cybertron stuff and G1 designs were super cool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

It looks like China will save this movie even if Americans choose to watch movies with a lower RT score these holidays. The future is Bumbleverse.

So you're saying in a few years we're gonna get Bumblebee: Uprising?

On 12/13/2018 at 10:40 AM, Box Office Theory Fan said:

Imagine if it is opposite of Bay critical success but commercial failure 😧

Gonna hard to be a commercial failure with a 100 mil budget this movie will still do huge numbers in China 

• Thanks 1