kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

7 hours ago, DMan7 said:

This movie has better acting, character development and story than all other TF movies, however the movie was boring as fck.

Like, wow...if this is the change people wanted, from the Bay movies? Be careful what you wish for. It was a snoozefest, no wonder the critics loved it. You cant trust their opinions on blockbusters like this, because they detest action and CGI. 

The RT score in the high 90's suggested sleeping pill, but I went against my better judgement. 

For example, Aquaman has more CGI and action, got an RT score in the 60's-and it was 10X more entertaining than Bumblebee. 

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Like, wow...if this is the change people wanted, from the Bay movies? Be careful what you wish for. It was a snoozefest, no wonder the critics loved it. You cant trust their opinions on blockbusters like this, because they detest action and CGI. 

The RT score in the high 90's suggested sleeping pill, but I went against my better judgement. 

For example, Aquaman has more CGI and action, got an RT score in the 60's-and it was 10X more entertaining than Bumblebee. 

gif, star wars, and adam driver image

• Like 1

Films with heavy amounts of action and/or CGI critics have notably detested lately:

All MCU films

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Ready Player One

Deadpool and Deadpool 2

The last four Star Wars films

The Jungle Book

Wonder Woman

Jumanji 2

John Wick 1 & 2

The Planet of the Apes trilogy

etc.

Wait...

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Cute but overpraised with several extraneous plots and characters that added up to nothing (Memo, mom's boyfriend, Queen Bee).  I don't know why the fuck movies have to add all those useless tagalongs.

that said, Charlie and BB relationship was great and they acted off each other so well. But then, so did Shia and BB and Optimus. IMO, first TF is still the best as it had spectacle and heart, this only had heart. Nice matinee or Netflix watch but I wouldn't recommend premium admission. 

#AirlockMemo

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

IMO, first TF is still the best

Rewatched it right after Bumblebee, and yes I agree, you understand why it spawned such a giant world franchise (one big reason was how little to do with transformer-not needing to care be a fan at all of the franchise, but also how good the comedy was and the set piece, felt so tactile, so much in camera with what looked a lot of actual giant military stuff and soldier actually there, with population always in the cross fire and involved and real crowd, something that tend to be absent of most recent blockbuster.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Rewatched it right after Bumblebee, and yes I agree, you understand why it spawned such a giant world franchise (one big reason was how little to do with transformer-not needing to care be a fan at all of the franchise, but also how good the comedy was and the set piece, felt so tactile, so much in camera with what looked a lot of actual giant military stuff and soldier actually there, with population always in the cross fire and involved and real crowd, something that tend to be absent of most recent blockbuster.

:bravo:

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Cute but overpraised with several extraneous plots and characters that added up to nothing (Memo, mom's boyfriend, Queen Bee).  I don't know why the fuck movies have to add all those useless tagalongs.

that said, Charlie and BB relationship was great and they acted off each other so well. But then, so did Shia and BB and Optimus. IMO, first TF is still the best as it had spectacle and heart, this only had heart. Nice matinee or Netflix watch but I wouldn't recommend premium admission. 

#AirlockMemo

They were going for an ET type of thing? The kid and the alien? Totally missed what a Transformers movie is about. 👎😴

Edited by OdinSon2k14

45 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Well, if Transformers attack Chicago, you shoot in Chicago.

If you bring the fight to Thanos' Homeland you shoot in his home planet ?

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Well, if Transformers attack Chicago, you shoot in Chicago.

If you bring the fight to Thanos' Homeland you shoot in his home planet ?

Not sure why you would shoot in his home planet or what that would be, there is a reason they brought him on earth or that he seem to remotely care about earth for no reason at all, so people care. Most SH and blockbuster are still set on earth and when they are fighting in new-york they manage to make it look completely empty like if it was shoot on a mix of sound stage with green screen, Rampage for example.

3 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

They were going for an ET type of thing? The kid and the alien? Totally missed what a Transformers movie is about. 👎😴

What exactly is "A Transformers movie" about? Or does only Michael Bay get to write the book on that franchise?

All five (or fifteen, I've lost count) Bayformers movies answer the following conditions:

1. Being the worst big budget movie ever.

2. Featuring the most repugnant protagonist ever, who deserves to die a thousand deaths (Optimus Crime - what a fucking dick!).

3. Letting the visionary idiot Bay once again confirm the famous Shay Theory that 80% of all people are just plain dumb fucks beyond saving.

So, coming from that, Bumblebee is such a pleasant movie, that I might even let my girlfriend see it. :) Something the Shay would have never thought of a Transformers movie!! Make no mistake, the Transformers are still the dumbest shit ever created - but at least this valiant little movie does what it can with the rotten garbage it is given.

It is such good news for humanity that no other Transformers movie is ever getting made again!! :)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1