kayumanggi

UGLYDOLLS | 05.03.19 | STX Entertainment | Robert Rodriguez | animated feature

Okay. This doesn't look that bad. Is the animation serviceable? Yes. Is the message appropriate and foundational for kids? Yes. Did I get chills when the song kicked in? Yes. Maybe it is a film starring random celebrities, but that doesn't mean it has to be bad. I'm stanning for this, and I hope it's able to do as well as it can; for better or worse, it's the only straight-up-animated film of releasing during the month of May, so maybe it really does have a bit of a shot.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Apparently the second trailer has 15M views. The fuck did that happen?

A lot of smaller distribution companies like STX will spend a lot of money to put their trailers as youtube ads, which contribute towards the view count even if you don't click to go to the video. You can tell that's the case because of the number of likes; Uglydolls only has 3K likes which is far short of what you'd expect from a trailer with 16M views.

For an even more extreme case, look up the Bad Samaritan trailer.

• Like 1